Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O G&G After Washing With Wash and Wax?

Focus_Red

Question

I know the Wash and Wax hasn't been out for too long (there have only been a few reviews so far). I myself have had it for about a week and haven't had a chance to use it yet. That being said, what are everyone's thoughts on using the H2O Guard and Gloss after washing the car with the W&W? I typically use the G&G every 3 to 4 weeks (every other wash) on my daily driver (Focus ST).

How often do you plan on using the W&W and then G&G? I'm considering using the W&W as my new standard for every car wash. Perhaps then, the W&W will extend the amount of time I wait to use the G&G to every 5 to 6 weeks (every third wash).

14 answers to this question

I whole subject of Shampoo vs W&W vs LPS vs G&G vs Wax...is clear as mud in my mind! :lol: There are many possible combinations and trade-offs. Much will depend on how the shine/protection/longevity W&W stacks up against some of the others. Ease of use of W&W sure looks attractive. No doubt we'll learn the trade-offs as members post their observations.

I agree, just was curious what other people thought.

I think LPS is still something that should be done at the start of the season (mid spring when the weather turns for me) and before winter. As well as a full wax with Americana imo. In between I'm thinking a regimen of W&W, G&G and if you want that extra shine the Brilliant Glaze, will be best.

Theoretically, G&G won't hold up as long because it is not bonding directly to paint. I would think W&W would be better for maintaining G&G.

Like Joel said. Many possibilities here. I'd just remember that Sealant lasts longer when bonding with bare paint.

Theoretically, G&G won't hold up as long because it is not bonding directly to paint. I would think W&W would be better for maintaining G&G.

Like Joel said. Many possibilities here. I'd just remember that Sealant lasts longer when bonding with bare paint.

That's a fair point, however if I've already applied LPS to the paint, then I'll never actually be bonding G&G or W&W to paint.

I'm sure testing was done when paired with other products but let's not forget that the wash and wax is an all in one / RTU product. With any all in one product, there will be some trade off on the wash side and on the wax side. Is this product better than using car shampoo followed by H2O? I doubt that but haven't been able to try it out yet.

It reminds me of the 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioners or any other 2 in 1 products. I certainly like them and use them but are they as good as a separate shampoo and a separate conditioner...?

Well, can we use the same logic as just using wax? We know wax doesn't last nearly as long as LPS and it eventually evaporates. That being said, if you were to wash, clay, and seal with LPS or even G&G, maintaining with W&W for several months should theoretically work. Then maybe after 3 months, skip the W&W and hit it with shampoo and some G&G. Maybe that would mean 1 time per year LPS, 4 times per year with G&G and W&W all other times.

Just my "3 beers in" amateur logic.

H2O G&G maintained with W&W should provide plenty of protection. G&G is great sealant by it self and I recently applied it as the only protection to my sisters GMC Acadia Denali in a white metallic. So far it hasn't been washed once and parks outside and still looks great a month later. If I wash it again I'll try the Wash and Wax and see how well it stays clean afterwards.