Customer Service 866.965.0400

Flex 3401 Pads

85.5Pinin

Question

It seems that Adam's has chosen not to support the Flex 3401.  Will the new 6" pads work with the flex?  I have always had great results with my Flex and I am quite disappointed that such a high quality, long lasting machine would not be supported.  A polisher is not a disposable.  I understand that business is business and I appreciate that perhaps the new equipment might be better.  Having said that, one of the primary reasons that one buys from a premium product company is the support and service after the purchase.  I have been an Adam's customer for a very long time and have always been extremely happy with everything Adam's.  Not being able to buy pads from Adam's for the Flex is very disappointing.  Has anyone found an alternative source for buying pads for the Flex?

6 answers to this question

I don't see why the new/current pads wouldn't work with the Flex.  I've used many different pads on the Flex from flat to convoluted to microfiber.  I too love my Flex.  It's still the king for fast correction but there are other machines out there now that have less risk (random orbital types) but good correcting abilities for novice users.   I love my Makita rotary too but one must always choose the right tool for the job.

Our current 6" Gen6 foam pads do indeed work with the Flex 3401 VRG - Orange, White, Red, and Gray. The velcro backing on the new foam pads is 5.75" diameter, which leaves about 1/8" of uniform velcro overhang on the backing plate.

The 5.5" Microfiber Cutting Pad will not work with the Flex 3401, as it has a much smaller 5" diameter for the velcro backing. At this time, we do not carry the 6.5" Microfiber Cutting Pad for the Flex.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help!

Our current 6" Gen6 foam pads do indeed work with the Flex 3401 VRG - Orange, White, Red, and Gray. The velcro backing on the new foam pads is 5.75" diameter, which leaves about 1/8" of uniform velcro overhang on the backing plate.

The 5.5" Microfiber Cutting Pad will not work with the Flex 3401, as it has a much smaller 5" diameter for the velcro backing. At this time, we do not carry the 6.5" Microfiber Cutting Pad for the Flex.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help!

See imo that's not supporting a product . That's making due with a choice to not support . When I first started with adams it was stated all over that you guys would allways support the machines u sold even if they were discontinued . But in those days machines were also lifetime warranty. 

Flex makes a smaller backing plate for the 3401 that will work with the 5.5 inch pads.  As for "supporting" a certain machine, I think you have it backwards.  Adam's doesn't manufacture a specific pad for a specific machine.  Although somewhat loosely defined in this business, there are industry "standards" for pads and different companies make different sizes.  

To apply this "support" analogy to gasoline, I could argue that none of the oil companies make a gas that supports the car(s) I own and drive.  They call for 91 octane.  Nobody makes 91 so I have to choose from 89 or 93 where I live.  Lower octane could have ill effects on my fancy German sports cars, while 93 can have an ill effect on my wallet, but I don't abandon the car company for that.  I hope you're not planning to abandon Adam's as a company because they can't source every possible pad configuration.  

We are all entitled to our opinions and while I certainly respect yours I disagree. Go back and re watch all the videos made they certainly did say that the 7" pads were for the flex. Now a customer has to buy a new plate to adapt there machine to work with adams system rather than being able to just buy pads that fit allready imo they have left 7"pad user out

See imo that's not supporting a product . That's making due with a choice to not support . When I first started with adams it was stated all over that you guys would allways support the machines u sold even if they were discontinued . But in those days machines were also lifetime warranty. 

Hi Trevor, we certainly appreciate great feedback like this. If you don't mind, please send an email to tips@adamspolishes.com and I can make sure that the boss man and others receive this feedback!

Our lifetime warranty on machines was unfortunately being abused, sometimes even by customers that purchased the machine through a competitor and tried to get us to repair them under warranty, so changes had to be made. Adam addresses the warranty policy change here if you have not read it before: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/27247-power-tool-warranty-update/ 

In the slight chance that you have an issue with a machine purchased from us that is past the warranty period, contact our customer support and we will do our best to help you out as much as possible!