Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless wash vs Rinseless wash

DFA

Question

On 6/26/2020 at 1:07 PM, Hondagirl said:

Had the same question as I am out of my waterless wash. Just to clarify seems like they are the same but the Rinseless  is higher concentrated? Also, wanted to mention that I use this as a prewash to help get the bugs and bird crap off.  I rarely try to use a towel on my car and find that this is a good second step after initial rinse.  I’m sure you guys know but anytime you take any microfiber to the car you leave the risk of slight swirls. I don’t care how great and plush they say they are. A  tip I use for the waterless wash when using it for bird drops is to soak my microfiber towel with it and apply to spot to allow it to do its magic. I come back with the other side and I blot the area with more magic and finishing with a clean dry microfiber and only blotting the area dry which helps prevent swirls or marks if they happen. Key point is to blot my friends ha ha. Anyway going to purchase the Rinseless over waterless this round. Cheers.

I have made a few adjustments to my media in the past year or so - switched to a Adam's Microfiber Wash mitt, a towel similar to the Adam's Edgeless (but only one fluffy side), and a Twist Pile Drying Towel (similar to the Adam's mini Plush Drying Towel).  I have been using this on my 2017 Accord since we bought it new, and no swirls yet.  Lots of chipped painted in the front, thanks to the thin paint and clearcoat, but no swirls!  The next new car will have the front-end wrapped with PPF ASAP!

This is a good question. Despite what I read on forums, I use both as a waterless wash on my car and I find the waterless formula has more lubricity and thus I like it more. They both clean well, however. I also see waterless formula evaporate slower on a hot day which makes for a better cleaning experience.

Rinseless (even at 16:1) is for sure more economical and I feel like it makes me psychologically not be stingy with my sprays since I know it's mostly water. They both smell great.

I have yet to try a true rinseless wash or the Gerry Dean method but once I get a garage I would probably do so.

17 hours ago, Sam Y said:

I have yet to try a true rinseless wash or the Gerry Dean method but once I get a garage I would probably do so.

In case the bug hits you sooner, you don't need the garage 🙂