Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless wash vs Rinseless wash

DFA

Question

I don't use them because I don't see how either could be safer than a full blown Two-Bucket wash. But that's just a personal opinion, but Adams wouldn't have created them if they weren't safe.

First of all, Rinseless diluted to 16:1 is the same as Waterless.

Waterless is typically used to remove dust or light particulates from the paint, using the spray and a microfiber.

Rinseless is a solution you'd make in a bucket that's designed to function as a wash, except you don't "rinse". Just apply and wipe off.

I believe those are the main differences, but I'm sure people with more experience using the methods will chime in.

What is the difference between these two products ? Which is safer on finish and when do you use them ?

Thanks,

DFA

Both are safe for the finish, but it depends on how dirty the car is to decide if they are the best option. 

Waterless Wash is a ready to use product that can be used to remove light contamination (think dust), remove bird bombs, and also be used to pre-treat bugs.  The downside it would require several towels to clean an entire car, but it fantastic for small jobs.

Rinseless Wash is a product that is diluted for many uses.  It can be used like waterless wash, as a clay lube, and in a bucket to do a section wash on your vehicle.   

I have been doing Rinseless washes with 2 buckets for 7 years, and rarely do a regular 2 bucket wash.  Another Rinseless wash method is to prepare the Rinseless solution in 1 bucket, and place multiple plush MF towels (Single Softs and Edgeless towels) work well for this.

Both are safe for the finish, but it depends on how dirty the car is to decide if they are the best option. 

Waterless Wash is a ready to use product that can be used to remove light contamination (think dust), remove bird bombs, and also be used to pre-treat bugs.  The downside it would require several towels to clean an entire car, but it fantastic for small jobs.

Rinseless Wash is a product that is diluted for many uses.  It can be used like waterless wash, as a clay lube, and in a bucket to do a section wash on your vehicle.   

I have been doing Rinseless washes with 2 buckets for 7 years, and rarely do a regular 2 bucket wash.  Another Rinseless wash method is to prepare the Rinseless solution in 1 bucket, and place multiple plush MF towels (Single Softs and Edgeless towels) work well for this.

So you just grab rags out of the bucket filled with the rinseless wash solution, apply them to your car and then wipe the car down with something like a dry microfiber or one of the blue waffle microfiber towels? How often do you do this, and how often do you change out the solution? Thanks

So you just grab rags out of the bucket filled with the rinseless wash solution, apply them to your car and then wipe the car down with something like a dry microfiber or one of the blue waffle microfiber towels? How often do you do this, and how often do you change out the solution? Thanks

I think the comment about multiple towels may of been referring to the "Garry Dean method".

Check the videos on both products, it will help you see how they are used.

Rinseless is in my top 3 products if not #1. You can dilute it to make rinseless or clay lubricant. But the best part is washing your light to medium dirty car without dragging a hose in about 20min drying included. It also adds quite a bit of gloss depending on your car colour. As an example, brilliant glaze doesn't do squat to my car but rinseless makes it pop.

Correct.  There are 8 'sides' to each towel (move to a clean 'side of the towel for each section), so it takes 2-3 towels to do the whole car.  The best part is you are always using clean wash media (vs. the 2 bucket method).  I believe the mixed up solution will last for a few weeks, if sealed with a Gamma Seal lid.  I mix the Rinseless solution at 1 oz. to 2 gallons of water, and get the towels very wet.  

I do not use the 'bucket of towels' method (also call the "Garry Dean method") on my daily drivers, but always use this method on my clients show cars.  

As for drying, I soak a separate towel in the wash solution, then wring it out.  After cleaning a section I wipe it with the damp towel to remove excess water, spritz the area with DS, then wipe with a Waterless Wash towel.  

As others have said, this method is fantastic for use in the garage.

Correct.  There are 8 'sides' to each towel (move to a clean 'side of the towel for each section), so it takes 2-3 towels to do the whole car.  The best part is you are always using clean wash media (vs. the 2 bucket method).  I believe the mixed up solution will last for a few weeks, if sealed with a Gamma Seal lid.  I mix the Rinseless solution at 1 oz. to 2 gallons of water, and get the towels very wet.  

I do not use the 'bucket of towels' method (also call the "Garry Dean method") on my daily drivers, but always use this method on my clients show cars.  

As for drying, I soak a separate towel in the wash solution, then wring it out.  After cleaning a section I wipe it with the damp towel to remove excess water, spritz the area with DS, then wipe with a Waterless Wash towel.  

As others have said, this method is fantastic for use in the garage.

Thanks a ton for the detailed feedback. I had a lot of guys tell me I should go Rinseless over Waterless, and based on your rato of mixed solution, I now see why! I'll be trying that soon. Thanks again. 

After doing my first rinse less wash using the Garry Dean method I personally can't see myself going back to a hose and two buckets. Unless my cars were caked in mud or something lol.

I've done 5 rinse less washes so far and enjoy it so much more than dragging out the hose and buckets etc.

Not a big fan of waterless wash.

Edited by LS1MONSTER

Hmm well I guess I'm in the minority who loving "dragging out the hose and buckets" lol. I usually take a whole morning or afternoon to do my detailing. But I genuinely enjoy it, rather than see it as a necessity.

Hmm well I guess I'm in the minority who loving "dragging out the hose and buckets" lol. I usually take a whole morning or afternoon to do my detailing. But I genuinely enjoy it, rather than see it as a necessity.

I don't blame you there...a little Garage Therapy is always rewarding!

I'm with you Dustin. I love a two bucket wash. It's great to get out of some other things your wife might have you do on a Saturday morning!

I also like rinse less more than waterless. Whenever I've used waterless, it tends to take a lot more product than rinse less and doesn't feel quite as safe as the rinse less or Garry dean method.

I would say doing a rinse less provides even better therapy than dragging out the buckets and house. It feels more personal LOL.  The time saved can then be spent waxing or what have you haha.

After doing my first rinse less wash using the Garry Dean method I personally can't see myself going back to a hose and two buckets. Unless my cars were caked in mud or something lol.

I've done 5 rinse less washes so far and enjoy it so much more than dragging out the hose and buckets etc.

Not a big fan of waterless wash.

Interesting. I'll have to do a little more research on this method. Looks like others like it, as well?

Interesting. I'll have to do a little more research on this method. Looks like others like it, as well?

One of the nice things about rinse less is being able to "wash" your car pretty much anywhere any time. Using less water and less product is plus. I definitely recommend looking into it and give it a try.

First of all, Rinseless diluted to 16:1 is the same as Waterless.

I would like some clarification here. Is it literally the same as WW? Or are you saying diluted RW behaves in the same way as WW? I have yet to pull the trigger on doing a GDWM with Adam's RW. I still prefer the conventional 2BWM, but there are instances where my vehicle might not be dirty enough OR I don't have enough time to do a 2BWM. I really want to try a hybrid GDWM using the traditional washing technique but using multiple towels instead of wash pads.

I would like some clarification here. Is it literally the same as WW? Or are you saying diluted RW behaves in the same way as WW? I have yet to pull the trigger on doing a GDWM with Adam's RW. I still prefer the conventional 2BWM, but there are instances where my vehicle might not be dirty enough OR I don't have enough time to do a 2BWM. I really want to try a hybrid GDWM using the traditional washing technique but using multiple towels instead of wash pads.

To be honest with you, I'm not 100% sure. All I know is that I've asked Adams pros before if Waterless was worth it, and I was told diluting Rinseless 16:1 was much cheaper in the long run. So I took that as they behave the same, which makes sense to that it IS the same. But if the formula of Waterless is EXACTLY a Rinseless dilution of 16:1, I do not know. Just that they perform the same.

They are NOT the same. Rinseless has some "shine boosting" additives that are not present in Waterless.

In my humble opinion Waterless cleans just a bit better for small spots (dirty door jams, bug guts, bird bombs, etc.) Rinseless works very well for these things also but I like Waterless just a touch better.

Of course, when washing the whole car nothing beats Rinseless.

According to the website, WW has no gloss enhancers.       

"It also has no gloss enhancers, so it leaves your paint clean but not glossy. Follow Adam's Waterless Car Wash with Adam's Detail Spray to enhance the gloss!" (copied from the product description)

Had the same question as I am out of my waterless wash. Just to clarify seems like they are the same but the Rinseless  is higher concentrated? Also, wanted to mention that I use this as a prewash to help get the bugs and bird crap off.  I rarely try to use a towel on my car and find that this is a good second step after initial rinse.  I’m sure you guys know but anytime you take any microfiber to the car you leave the risk of slight swirls. I don’t care how great and plush they say they are. A  tip I use for the waterless wash when using it for bird drops is to soak my microfiber towel with it and apply to spot to allow it to do its magic. I come back with the other side and I blot the area with more magic and finishing with a clean dry microfiber and only blotting the area dry which helps prevent swirls or marks if they happen. Key point is to blot my friends ha ha. Anyway going to purchase the Rinseless over waterless this round. Cheers.

36 minutes ago, Hondagirl said:

Had the same question as I am out of my waterless wash. Just to clarify seems like they are the same but the Rinseless  is higher concentrated? Also, wanted to mention that I use this as a prewash to help get the bugs and bird crap off.  I rarely try to use a towel on my car and find that this is a good second step after initial rinse.  I’m sure you guys know but anytime you take any microfiber to the car you leave the risk of slight swirls. I don’t care how great and plush they say they are. A  tip I use for the waterless wash when using it for bird drops is to soak my microfiber towel with it and apply to spot to allow it to do its magic. I come back with the other side and I blot the area with more magic and finishing with a clean dry microfiber and only blotting the area dry which helps prevent swirls or marks if they happen. Key point is to blot my friends ha ha. Anyway going to purchase the Rinseless over waterless this round. Cheers.

Welcome! Be sure to introduce yourself on the New Member Forum so we can get from know you.

Here's a video for you to enjoy, should help answer your question and more.