Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Gun, Foam for days, or Foam cannon

BonBdurango

Question

New to all this stuff and the wife wanted a black on black durango, sometime you dont have to get it you just have to get it!  So i would like to get a foam gun but want to know whats best and would like know if guys that use the foam cannon use the pressure washer for initial rinse and final rinse too?

13 answers to this question

I have both, cannon makes thicker longer lasting foam, but the gun is so easy to use as no pressure washer needed. It depends on how long and dirty the vehicle is as to which I use. If you are going to wash regularly, and with a black vehicle you will be, I would say foam gun.

I like the foam cannon a lot more. Like everyone says, it takes a little longer to get everything out. I've started doing a touch less wash on my wife's black car every few day and it works awesome!

If I pull out the pressure washer I will use it for everything; wheels/tires, pre-rinse, foam cannon, making suds, rinse, final pooling rinse (pressure washer turned off).

If I don't feel like pulling the pressure washer out I will use the foam gun. I usually regret it in the end because it uses so much more water and my shoes get soaked, LOL!

I also went from foam gun to foam cannon. I suspect I'm very much like a lot of those here on these forums where I truly enjoy detailing my car (and to a somewhat lesser extent, other cars). It's almost therapeutic. Throw some music on and wash the day away. It also gives me a sense of pride to see a spotless car.

Therefore I have no problem taking my time, pulling out a pressure washer, and using it throughout the process. I use it as a pre-rinse for the entire car as this gets the large "debris" and dirt off the car. I then foam cannon the whole car and come back with the pressure washer to rinse the soap off after I've washed it. I find that rinsing with a pressure washer leaves less water on the car, meaning I have to spend less time drying the car and there is less chance of water spots (key with a black car IMO) Even a "quick" wash for me takes up to 2 hours (for which I'm constantly having to explain to my wife :lol: ). The only time I will "wash" a car in less time is if it hasn't been long since my last detail and there is only "dust" or little dirt on the car. Then I'll use the waterless wash and be done in a fraction of the time.

In other words, as I see it, if I'm bringing out the hose and 2 buckets etc, then a small electric pressure washer isn't that much more work for the added benefits (and enjoyment of using a pressure washer)

Edited by Focus_Red

I like the foam cannon a lot more. Like everyone says, it takes a little longer to get everything out. I've started doing a touch less wash on my wife's black car every few day and it works awesome!

Can you elaborate on the touch less?  Sorry newbie here 

Touchless= not touching the car . Basically rinse off debris, foam cannon rinse again. Or foam and rinse . Either way the car gets touched with water and soap only . I would be interested in hearing his exact method as I've never been successful getting a car clean with a Touchless method .

Touchless= not touching the car . Basically rinse off debris, foam cannon rinse again. Or foam and rinse . Either way the car gets touched with water and soap only . I would be interested in hearing his exact method as I've never been successful getting a car clean with a Touchless method .

Using a foam cannon and pressure washer as a "touchless" wash will never be perfect without using harsh chemicals.   I figure if the foam cannon removes 20% of the crud and softens the other crud then it's worth it in my book to prevent swirls.