Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just washed and clayed my truck

Mytundra

Question

As long as I'm not driving it, would it be OK to polish the entire truck over the next few days? I have young kids so I will have to polish when I have time and I'm not chasing them around. I didn't know if I had to clay then start polishing right away and get it all done in the same day.

10 answers to this question

Also...after claYing I did the plastic bag test and it still feels gritty . Do I need to hit it with clay again before polishing until it is smooth? This isn't my DD but I do drive it alot so the end result doesn't need to be perfect but I would prefer to do it right . Thanks . And sorry for the ignorant questions .

I plan on gEttinger a large majority of it done tomorrow . I don't have waterless wash so I'll just wipe it down with denial spray and microfiber towel

That will work fine.  You will be polishing it, so you don't have to be too careful, but no sense in adding alot of extra work for yourself either.

Is the hood and roof gritty, or is the sides of the Tundra? Not that it really matters, but generally the roof and hood get the most crap because they are horizontal

Yes it was the roof that was the worste even on the sides still felt a little gritty but the roof was definitely the worste

What is that and how do I remove it^^

I think you can use Adam's wheel cleaner to remove the iron fallout when doing a decontamination.  There's a youtube video of Adam using it on his white Jeep if I can remember right.  Did a quick search and couldn't find the video.

What temperature would you all say is too cold to polish and paint correction? Question is I was going to polish today but my pads had too much build-up in them so I'm rinsing them out and letting them dry out. The temperature supposed to drop this week and get down into the forties I believe or low 50s is that too cold to do any paint correction and polishing in?

Edited by Mytundra