Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Polishes to use!

Jrosacker

Question

Hey so recently I bought 4, 16oz bottles of Adams polishes off of Craigslist, it came with pads for each, and also came who the pc 7424xp. I'm just wondering what order I use them in and if I even need to use them all to fix my heavily swirled car. Here's the polishes,

Adams fine machine polish

Adams severe swirl remover

Adams machine super sealant

Adams swirl and haze remover

Thanks!!

7 answers to this question

I think you might have gotten snookered on Craigslist. All those products are old and depending how long that person had them, the shelf life of the product might have expired. You might be able to get some use out of the products, but the product might not be as effective, due to the age of them. 

I fear the same, at least for the bottles. PC and pads are, hopefully, still good though. What color pads did you get (can you post pics)? And do you have the backer plate to attach the pads to the PC?

Edited by falcaineer

Adams severe swirl remover is the most aggressive polish of these, Adams swirl and haze remover would be next, Adams fine machine polish would be the least aggressive. You should start off the the swirl and haze remover with the orange pads and if that doesn't do the trick step up to the severe swirl remover. I have polishes that old and they are still fine. I have only had one go bad and it turned to a water like consistency. 

I'm not sure how to post pictures, there is a designated pad for each polish! Orange, teal, black, white, and also a bush Attatchment. It comes with a backing plate as he has used it once, but only once as he likes doing it by hand. $150 for everything.

Hi Jaden,

The PC 7424XP is a very rugged machine and is very hard to wear out or kill. The MSRP for a new one from us is $149.99 that you could knock $15 off with our 10% off forum discount code, which brings it down to $135. So I would say $150 for the products being offered on Craigslist isn't too bad, but all of those bottles are at least 3-4 years old now, which is something to consider. If the polishes were kept in a room temperature environment, they should still be good to use, but prolonged exposure to extreme heat or cold could have broken them down over time. Each of those 4 pads probably retailed for $12.99 at the time like our updated Gen6 pads we have now, and the polishes were $29.99 per bottle for those old 16oz bottles, so overall it seems like a fair deal - provided that the pads and polish are both ok. Pads wear out over time, so if the foam looks chewed up at all, they may not have much life left in them.

The Teal/Green Pad is used with the Severe Swirl Remover, the Orange Pad is for the Swirl & Haze Remover, the White Pad is for the Fine Machine Polish, and the Black/Dark Gray Pad is for the Machine Super Sealant. Machine Super Sealant also has a 12-24 hour cure time after buffing off the residue where you cannot layer anything on top of it or expose it to moisture/water, whereas our new Paint Sealant only has a 1 hour recommended cure time. The Severe Swirl Remover was pretty aggressive and works well, but it will create a fair amount of dust and most likely some light micro-marring that must then be removed with the Swirl & Haze Remover. As others said, start out by testing the Orange Foam Pad and the Swirl & Haze Remover in a small 2-foot by 2-foot area first to see if you will even need to use the Severe Swirl Remover.