Customer Service 866.965.0400

Plugged up holes……Leather heated seats

Geebee

Question

Anybody know how to get dried up leather conditioner from the air holes in heated seats? The previous owner of the car must have let some leather conditioner dry on the seat without wiping up the access. I’ve tried to take Adams’ Leather Conditioner and a small brush to try to dissolve and remove the old conditioner from the holes.  Didn’t work that good. Any ideas? :angry:  If you look at the attached pic, you'll see what I mean.

Opps....I posted this in the wrong Forum area. Should be in the Interior area.......Sorry!  :rolleyes: It's a middle age thing.

Thanks to all.......

post-15154-0-38911400-1479504484_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geebee

9 answers to this question

That would be frustrating. Guessing the previous owner didn't use Adam's! I don't own either product (I am about to buy both, however), but I'm thinking Leather & Interior Cleaner along with the Cockpit Brush would work well. Good luck!

Edited by falcaineer

Could try using a toothpick but I'm not sure where to get them but I will try and find out for you but a friend who is a pro has little q tip like sticks that are small and made for just this purpose, you can soak them in the cleaner then you turn side to side. Although it's going to take some serious patience regardless

Could try using a toothpick but I'm not sure where to get them but I will try and find out for you but a friend who is a pro has little q tip like sticks that are small and made for just this purpose, you can soak them in the cleaner then you turn side to side. Although it's going to take some serious patience regardless

Thanks, I'd appreciate it. No hurry.

Geebee

Since the seats are heated you can try heating them up, or better yet,  using a hair dryer to heat the leather up and then use a toothbrush to brush it out.  Shouldn't be a real big problem to get rid of.  

Thanks, I'll try the hair blower heat and a soft toothbrush method and I'll let you know how that went.

With years of detailing cars and seeing many leather interiors I doubt that is dry leather conditioner. I do suggest not to rub very hard on leather because it may weaken the dye. In my opinion that looks like a milk spill or possibly sweat stains.

For Sweat Stains in Leather Seats: Salt from your body stains can be pretty gross looking, but there is a little trick. Take and make a solution of 3 parts vinegar and one part water and wet a towel and rub the area clean, the vinegar breaks down the and helps to remove the stain. After the leather has dried use a leather conditioner a few times to condition the seats again.

If this does not work using a steamer would remove this problem you have if you have access to one.

Good Luck

With years of detailing cars and seeing many leather interiors I doubt that is dry leather conditioner. I do suggest not to rub very hard on leather because it may weaken the dye. In my opinion that looks like a milk spill or possibly sweat stains.

For Sweat Stains in Leather Seats: Salt from your body stains can be pretty gross looking, but there is a little trick. Take and make a solution of 3 parts vinegar and one part water and wet a towel and rub the area clean, the vinegar breaks down the and helps to remove the stain. After the leather has dried use a leather conditioner a few times to condition the seats again.

If this does not work using a steamer would remove this problem you have if you have access to one.

Good Luck

Joe,

Thanks for the tips.....I'll be working on it this weekend. It looks like more of some kind of conditioner that dried and plugged up the holes in the seats more that a set stain.  I'll post my results here and let you guys know the results.

Edited by Geebee