Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O G&G for new vehicle

fly4food84

Question

Hi all,

I am the proud new owner of a 2017 F150 Platinum and want to solicit some thoughts. I'm considering using H2O G&G as my only means of protection on paint, trim and glass. I don't have the time to polish and layer like I used to, but I'd be willing to apply H2O every month if you guys think it will be adequate protection from the sun and other elements we have here in Texas.

10 answers to this question

I would suggest applying PS and using H2O G&G every few months. That should give you 6 months of protection, and no layering needed.

Agreed with Michael. That's the regiment I'm following, as well. In fact, I skipped polishing all together this time since its a pretty new car and didn't need it.

You should be able to apply and remove the PS in less than an hour, and the HGG will give you the protection boost and added shine for months.

Something else to factor in is cost. While awesome, HGG is not the cheapest product, and with the size of your new truck, you'll probably go through it pretty quick. By having the PS base, though, you may be able to extend the life of your supply because you won't feel as compelled to apply it religiously. Something you may be thankful for in the winter months.

Edited by falcaineer

I will third the suggestion of putting paint sealant down first then use the h2o as a topper. I got a solid 6 months this way and the paint sealant is a breeze to apply just 2 times a year with a monthly h2o. H2o works great on glass as well however I do notice on the windshield it doesn't hold up due to the wipers use sealant there

Another vote for paint sealer and maintain with g&g. I put paint sealer on my new truck, just washed, clayed, and sealed, it didn't take too long. Then I've been using g&g every 3 washes, a little more frequently only because of the salt and crap on the roads. I have good beading after 3 washes, so I could probably go longer. Noticed road debris is very easy to rinse off when using sealer/g&g.

Another vote for Paint sealant about every 6 months.  Or if you want to take the time and ceramic coat it, maintenance on that will be a breeze. Just apply the ceramic boost every other month or so. That would be the easiest in terms of maintenance. Just have to initially take the time .

Just offering a different perspective. If the paint is new and doesn't require polishing, why not ceramic coat the truck to add an extra layer of protection against swirls and maintain with G&G with a monthly wash.

Cost will be a bit higher up front but LPS won't give you swirl protection that the ceramic coating will. Plus the added shine from the coating will look phenomenal.

h2o G&G on it's own is pretty outstanding.  Just prep the car well before applying and it'll easily last a few months if not more with little maintenance.

My method when I first applied was as followed:

1 Rinseless wash using the Gary dean wash method.
3 Visco clay bar with detail spray
4 Alcohol wipe down
5 "My wet method" Spray bottle with plain tap water, spray a panel down and use h2o G&G as instructed.