Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray Before Drying?

PDX-MOBILE1

Question

On the videos made by Adam, I saw that he left the car wet after cleaning and immedeately sprayed the car over with DS before wiping it down. I have never tried that and I was wondering what other people thought of that technique?

18 answers to this question

Freaking love it! It makes SUCH a difference IMO.

I SWEAR to the almighty it makes the MF towels soak up more water. I know I'm going nuts but it seems that way...

Robert, this technique is a MUST, in my opinion. This single act is really the reason why I took such a great liking to Adams products.

As far as I can tell, it provides the following benefits:

1. eliminates water spots on both paint and glass

2. provides lubrication so the drying towel is less likely to create scratches

3. makes your garage smell awesome!

Honestly, I cant stress enough how much this has benefited my detailing...

I just washed the car today. sprayed soap off then flooded the car with water from bare hose. This is the first wash with Adams products. After flooding I sprayed down with DS and wiped dry with Adams white towel. I have to tell you I was sceptical about using DS with a wet car I thought it would be to much to dry but it ended up working like nothing I have ever seen. It is only way to do it. The car has not even been detailed yet but it turned out beautiful. Come on sunshine I can't wait to see this after A full detail I'm liable to pass out:willy: and this is just a daily driver. You folks with million dollar paint jobs must be beside your selves. No wonder those pics of your cars are so beautiful.

I too was skeptical, but this advice is the real deal. After washing I always hit the vehicle with my leaf blower, then Detail Sprary, and a wipe down with the great big Adam's white drying towel. Always happy with the results. :thumbsup:

I did a full detail on my truck last weekend (yeah PC :pc: and Adams!). You can imagine my disappointment when I saw pollen all over the truck before work on Monday. Last night I rinsed off the pollen with a free-flowing hose, sprayed on the Detail Spray, and wiped it off with a MF towel. Now it looks just like I detailed again!

As a side note I can't get over how much difference there is when using a quality micro-fiber towel vs. the cheap warehouse ones. They just keeping sucking up the water! I did the windows last figuring "well I'll get most of the water off with the damp towel, then get a dry one to finish". The wet towel did just as good a job as the dry towel would have.

Mike mentioned the leaf blower thing. After reading the thread with the debate about wiping the car with a blade and then blowing with air, I do the air blowing now. I then do as recommended here with some Detail Spray and wipe it down. The MF towel doesn't get that wet and the finish is beautiful. As usual the advise here is gold and you can take it to the bank. I was so happy with the looks of the new G8 after the wash, clay, polish, wax routine on Saturday and now the wind just pushes the rain off the car while I am driving.

Mike mentioned the leaf blower thing. After reading the thread with the debate about wiping the car with a blade and then blowing with air, I do the air blowing now. I then do as recommended here with some Detail Spray and wipe it down. The MF towel doesn't get that wet and the finish is beautiful. As usual the advise here is gold and you can take it to the bank. I was so happy with the looks of the new G8 after the wash, clay, polish, wax routine on Saturday and now the wind just pushes the rain off the car while I am driving.

Hell the wind we here last night would have blown it off my G8 just sitting there! lol

i sprayed my truck with DS right after rinsing and it makes all the difference....dryed it with the great white towel then went over any spots i missed with a blue mf

i hung the great white towel in my closet after i was done drying....closet smells awesome and so do my clothes:lol:

Not to change the topic or anything, but those G8's have to be some of the best looking rigs to have come out of Detroit in a long time. I had a 72 GS convertable back in the day....so I'm partial with anyting that has 2 scoops punched out of the hood. Pontiac has really stepped their game up.

Plus, after rinsing, it's just plain water sitting on the car. Spraying Detail Spray over before drying will help prevent water spots.

That's my main reason for using that system. Thanks Gerry!:banana:

Not to change the topic or anything, but those G8's have to be some of the best looking rigs to have come out of Detroit in a long time. I had a 72 GS convertable back in the day....so I'm partial with anyting that has 2 scoops punched out of the hood. Pontiac has really stepped their game up.

Thanks! To bad they came out of Australia... Oh and the engine out of Mexico. :o Still I love mine! :2thumbs:

I'll second Chris's comment about the G8 and it runs too! That is funny about the wind because we had the same here. It dropped from 68 degrees this morning to 34 degrees right now in less than a day. Well time to go wash the G8 and use some more detail spray! It's supposed to be sunny for a couple of days and we don't get that a lot in Cleveland this time of the year.