Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying towles - Great White vs Waterless Wash

JDrach

Question

So ever since i got the WW blue waffle weave, i've been using that towel to dry my car; and its been very effective at that. Since it's getting a tad worn out and losing its softness (I'll be picking up the microfiber wash in my next purchase) I was wondering what's the GSM between the GWD and the WW towels? I ask because if the WW towels have been effective and are relatively the same GSM, I might as well just buy another WW towel instead of the GWD ( possible overkill but wouldn't hurt the slightest to have). 

13 answers to this question

Since getting a sidekick, I rarely used my GWDT. Typically I use one waterless wash towel, and maybe a plush towel for final buffing. I basically reserve the great white for when I'm doing more than 1 car at the same time.

So ever since i got the WW blue waffle weave, i've been using that towel to dry my car; and its been very effective at that. Since it's getting a tad worn out and losing its softness (I'll be picking up the microfiber wash in my next purchase) I was wondering what's the GSM between the GWD and the WW towels? I ask because if the WW towels have been effective and are relatively the same GSM, I might as well just buy another WW towel instead of the GWD ( possible overkill but wouldn't hurt the slightest to have). 

they are the exact same towel, just different color and size.  I too prefer the waterless wash towels over the GWDT, easier to handle

Good to know the towels are the same material and GSM but just different color and size. For the price differences, i just decided to get the waterless wash with two blue waffle weaves since it's the same price roughly of a GWDT. Thanks for the input people!

Since getting a sidekick, I rarely used my GWDT. Typically I use one waterless wash towel, and maybe a plush towel for final buffing. I basically reserve the great white for when I'm doing more than 1 car at the same time.

Same here....with the SideKick....Hardly use any towels. Maybe 1 or 2 at the most.

My shipment finally came in with my Detail spray and Waterless wash with 2 of the WW drying towels. Those towels, wow! Much better than the previous generations. They seem slightly bigger and have the satin edging oppose to the older blue waffle weaves. Im very happy. Had some rain sweep through with cold weather setting in. Was thinking of testing the WW but the rain brought some extreme dirt down with it. I'm surprised how much dirt came down with the rain, before it would look just a bit dusty but now it has splotches of brown drops everywhere. I'll try a panel and see, but I dont want to ruin my new towels.