Customer Service 866.965.0400

Trim coating question

Junior

Question

I don't think I've seen anyone ask this, but maybe I missed it. Anyway, I am wondering what the process should be to go back over previously coated trim with a new layer of trim coating. Let's just say that 6 months goes by and it looks like the coating is starting to lose some of its luster. Could we do a coating prep application after a wash and then go to applying more TC? Or would we need to go through all steps again? Or does Ceramic boost potentially come into play at all? I know the coating has only been out for a little bit, but figured this will come up at some point. My truck has been coated for close to two months now and it looks just as good as it did day 1.

4 answers to this question

Hi Jamey, you could go back over the trim areas with Ceramic Boost, but I think you'll find that it's not necessary. We have test vehicles that have had Trim Coating on them for over 1 year now and they still look just as good as the first day it was applied. It's a very robust product that can't really be removed once it's applied, unlike our Paint Coating and Wheel Coating which can be machine polished off.

.... It's a very robust product that can't really be removed once it's applied...

Dan, is Trim Coating considered non-removable because of the inherent nature of the product or because often it is applied to surfaces that do not lend themselves to polishing?

Thanks Dan. I put it on the beater so I'll probably play around with it. There are a couple of places where it is a bit uneven, which I don't really care because I sort of threw it on there, but I'll probably use those areas to see how things go with more application steps. Down the line. Thanks again.