Customer Service 866.965.0400

Coating Bottle; Pour vs Spray

galaxy

Question

So doing all this coating homework, I noticed most other brands of coatings come in a similar small bottle with a pump spray method instead of pour. It seems the spray would save product and add some ease of use. Is there a reason Adams coatings are pour instead of spray?

Are we looking at another product recommendation here?

5 answers to this question

The coatings I've used all come in a similar pour out bottle. I'm sure there are some that spray, but it seems the major players use the pour method of application. You can take the coating and apply it with an airbrush for complex surfaces. You will experience some waste with product that way though.

Fabric coatings are spray though.

The last two responses sum it up great. Some other brands have a sort of eye dropper top to pour out a few drops at a time, and they work well too. The 50ml bottles that we use do have a pour style top, but it is very controllable. Turning the bottle upside down for a brief moment and giving a small shake or two will let maybe 4 or 5 drops of the coating pour out onto the applicator in a nice straight line. There is essentially zero product waste of over-application when using it sparingly in this method. Immediately securing the cap back onto the bottle after every 'pour' will ensure that the bottle stays fresh for a long time as well :)