Customer Service 866.965.0400

Trim coating / ceramic coating - whats the difference

noquarter

Question

I would like to ceramic coat my plastic trim particularly the back where it sees quite a beating at the track.

I already purchased the paint ceramic coat and was wondering what the difference is between that and the trim coating?

Can i use the regular coating on my trim as well or is that a bad idea. Im just kinda low on cash and didnt want to get the trim coat if it wasnt any different.

Thanks

Edited by noquarter

8 answers to this question

So a follow up question.

The main reason I am wanting this is I take my car to the drag strip a lot.  I do a  lot of burn outs.  My back quarter is part black plastic and part painted.   As you can imagine, I get a lot of burnt rubber thrown up along with track VHT (the sticky stuff they spray).

It is a pain to clean off and in most cases only wd-40 works.   If I use the coating will it help with keeping that stuff from sticking.  I know its hydrophobic but is it rubberphobic as well lol?

I do use a product called road wrap which is basiclly like see through clear bra   The rubber still gets flub up onto areas not covered though and certainly inside the wheel wells.  My thought was using the trim on the inside wheel well plastic as well