Customer Service 866.965.0400

B-Pillars?

mathews31

Question

So I have a 2010 Dodge Charger and the B-pillars are this like dull plastic black. I don't know if they can be polished or if they just need to be coated with some sort of VRT or something. I've tried H2OGG on it before and I didn't really see a long difference. (Long in reference to time) I don't think the spot is supposed to shine, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows any way to enhance it.

post-15440-0-09044300-1495582251_thumb.png

10 answers to this question

I have gotten good results polishing them.  Take some 4" pads you will not use on paint again, and start with FP and a white pad.  You can move up to CP on an orange pad if least aggressive method doesn't give you the shine you want.

07MBGL350009_zpsb408c924.jpg

07MBGL350018_zpsfdcd3d15.jpg.  

Edited by mc2hill

Lol yeah I'm definitely into the modern Mopars. But I do like that polishing idea. That would look great with your black paint. I wish I thought of that with my charger. It was cool vanilla and black.

Wow that's interesting. I saw your pic and figured this guy knows something

WOAH that's something I've never seen...that's really coo, do you think you could have gotten them more reflective with like a compound or no?

The process was CP, then FP.  They were not the 'piano black' finish from factory (an MB GL350), so getting them shiny was all I could do.

Here are some BMW B pillars, I think it was just FP :

Before

IMAG4431_zpsaqya8vqm.jpg

After

IMAG4432_zpsq3qjeaey.jpg