Customer Service 866.965.0400

Deep cleaning carpet

Olgrey93

Question

Hi folks I'd like to give my carpets a deep clean in all my vehicles. What would be the best process? I really want a hot water extraction but I think that's out of my price range. Would a drill attachment brush and some carpet and upholstery work pretty well?

How do you folks deep clean carpets

Ps I know faster isn't always better but of course time is money$$$

7 answers to this question

Do you have a picture of the carpets that need to be cleaned? I never let my carpets get super dirty because water loosens the glue that holds the carpet together so in my book it's a no no. If I have to clean I have done this type of cleaning, that's shown in the video.

If you have a picture, that would definately help, in better guiding you.

http://adamspolishes.com/video

Hi folks I'd like to give my carpets a deep clean in all my vehicles. What would be the best process? I really want a hot water extraction but I think that's out of my price range. Would a drill attachment brush and some carpet and upholstery work pretty well?

Weather Tech floor liners are your best friend when it comes to carpets.  Worth EVERY penny. 

As for cleaning, give your carpets a good hard brushing and vacuuming first.  I have a home steamer that I use to loosen any crusted on dirt that the brushing doesn't loosen up, and then I just use the Adam's Carpet Shampoo and scrub it good, then use the shop vac to suck out the water.  I get great results.

But seriously, invest in the floor liners (not the mats). They make them to fit each vehicle specifically. You'll be glad you did. 

Sorry, don't have much experience deep cleaning carpets. But I'll second Rich's comments that floor liners are definitely worth every penny. Personally, I have the Husky Weatherbeater floormats. They were slightly cheaper, also come with a lifetime warranty, and look and perform great in my car. Whatever you choose, though, you should certainly consider these types of mats as an option.

The drill brush attachments are a huge help if you have them. The speed of the drill helps to really loosen dirt up. Be generous with the carpet cleaner. And you can always use a shop vac to mix up any additional moisture/cleaner.

That being said, if you can swing it and plan to use it regularly a steamer can be had for a couple hundred dollars which is money well spent. And having a hot water extractor makes doing the work even that much easier. I have zero regrets about the investment I made in one.

Have you tried a rug doctor?  can be rented from home depot for not that much.   not the power of a true extractor, but does have some extraction ability

There's really no good alternative to a high quality extractor. Anything else is only going to hit the top 30% of the carpet fibers and that's it. You might see about cost-sharing with your detailing buddies to purchase your own extractor. That's what I did.