Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze usage

marauder

Question

21 answers to this question

I thought the microfiber pads were for cutting faster when polishing. I understood the softer pads were to be used for applying waxes and glazes. That is the reason there are progressively softer pads, I thought? Can someone clarify?

I used the red pads http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/buffing-pads-applicators/adam-s-new-6-red-foam-glazing-pad.htmlto apply the Brilliant Glaze to my Camaro. If the microfiber pads are also ok to use, then what will be the difference in results vs. the red?

There's two types of microfiber pads on the site. There's the microfiber polishing pads which are for use with the HCP to make fast work of correction, but there's also the handheld, rectangular microfiber applicators that you can use to apply Paint Sealant, Glass Sealant, etc.

If applying brilliant glaze, I would either use the red polishing pad, or the red hex grip applicator.

There's two types of microfiber pads on the site. There's the microfiber polishing pads which are for use with the HCP to make fast work of correction, but there's also the handheld, rectangular microfiber applicators that you can use to apply Paint Sealant, Glass Sealant, etc.

If applying brilliant glaze, I would either use the red polishing pad, or the red hex grip applicator.

Thanks. To clarify I was referring to the rectangular microfiber pads that are grey.

That clears it up. I must have skipped right over "applicator" in the original post. Marauder you will love the Brilliant Glaze.

BG is awesome. Has several uses, including my favorite for inside of the windshield, and it smells great. The one caveat is it doesn't have much longevity. But for the amount of time it is on your car, you may still go blind from the shine! B)

P.S. Here's that video for windshield application:

The grey MF applicator pad works great, I apply the BG to the leading edge to get into the bottom part of my windshield.

I used BG before using paint sealant on our 4runner last time. Still looks great! 

Edited by senorlechero

When am telling people about Adams Polishes, usually will coach them on how to detail the inside of their windshield with the glass cleaner and then have them go over with the brilliant glaze.  They are amazed at the results and then are interested in more of the products...but then again whenever we are in any group of cars if there is someone who needs a detailing item, everyone points to me, as I keep a bag of fifteen products in whichever sports car am driving.  If it is a overnight outing have also been known to possibly carry a battery powered compact leaf blower...Fine line between obsessive and prepared....right?    ;) 

I detail lots of cars with the brilliant  glaze and I noticed when I do the car for a third time the glass looks clean but I see some foggy marks and is really  hard to make it look even . is there a way like to make look like the firs time that you apply the  brilliant glaze to the windshield . I'm doing a 911 carrera  this week and I like to be ready  for the next time thank you all and have a good day .

I detail lots of cars with the brilliant  glaze and I noticed when I do the car for a third time the glass looks clean but I see some foggy marks and is really  hard to make it look even . is there a way like to make look like the firs time that you apply the  brilliant glaze to the windshield . I'm doing a 911 carrera  this week and I like to be ready  for the next time thank you all and have a good day .

Hey, Diego, welcome! Be sure to post a note in the New Member Check-in thread...

To your question, I have a few to maybe give us all a little more info to try and help: do you mean it's uneven on the inside and/or outside of the glass? And what's being done for a third time? The car, or are you applying three coats of BG?

Yeah, while some like to apply more than one coat of a product, layering glazes (and waxes) can reach a point of diminishing returns. Have you tried just wiping with a clean MF towel or using GC vs applying another layer? Note that some cars do experience off gassing more than others, and outdoor temps (heat) can affect it, too. So you may need to reapply BG more often on some cars than others.

Edited by falcaineer

Yeah, while some like to apply more than one coat of a product, layering glazes (and waxes) can reach a point of diminishing returns. Have you tried just wiping with a clean MF towel or using GC vs applying another layer? Note that some cars do experience off gassing more than others, and outdoor temps (heat) can affect it, too. So you may need to reapply BG more often on some cars than others.

thank you that was a big help  . I'm using your methood and a few hat trick