Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic coat cleaning between washes.

DY1SS1LE

Question

Hello everyone, 

I have a 2017 SS 1LE in Mosaic Black. I purchased the 15mm swirl killer and had AMAZING results! I was able to correct to a mirror shine using Adams products. As a newbie, I was afraid at first but after completing the first panel, I was in a groove. 

My question pertains to the maintenance of the ceramic coating that was applied. More so, the best Adams products to use between washes. Waterless wash? Rinse-less wash? Detail spray? I think that I know the methods, but I would just like confirmation from the pros!

Thanks in advance!

PA120002.jpg

20170924-P9240001.jpg

12 answers to this question

Wash with regular car soap. Dry with air or drying towel. Occasionally spray ceramic boost on it for maintenance. 

A couple of times a year a LIGHT clay will help decontaminate. You can also use wheel cleaner to decontaminate fallout. 

Detail Spray has small amounts of wax. It won’t harm the coating. But may affect how hydrophobic it is. 

Simple maintenance is the key here. Don’t overthink it. 

Hi Darwin, very nice ride!

To add what the others have said, you could also use our Wash & Wax for full Two Bucket washing sessions. Adam's Wash & Wax has a bit of ceramic additive to the soap, so it works well with ceramic coated vehicles too! I've been using it about every 4 washes or so on my SS that has been coated for just about 14 months now.

12 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

Hi Darwin, very nice ride!

To add what the others have said, you could also use our Wash & Wax for full Two Bucket washing sessions. Adam's Wash & Wax has a bit of ceramic additive to the soap, so it works well with ceramic coated vehicles too! I've been using it about every 4 washes or so on my SS that has been coated for just about 14 months now.

I just ordered  

Adam's Waterless Wash Gallon

Adam's Car Wash Shampoo Gallon

Adam's NEW Interior Detailer Gallon

plus I have a gallon of detail spray.

I forgot to order interior detailer....

So I am well on my way!

On 11/9/2017 at 10:04 PM, shane@detailedreflections said:

Wash with regular car soap. Dry with air or drying towel. Occasionally spray ceramic boost on it for maintenance. 

A couple of times a year a LIGHT clay will help decontaminate. You can also use wheel cleaner to decontaminate fallout. 

Detail Spray has small amounts of wax. It won’t harm the coating. But may affect how hydrophobic it is. 

Simple maintenance is the key here. Don’t overthink it. 

What product/lubricant (Detail spray or Waterless Wash) are you using when drying down with a towel with a car that has ceramic coating?

So, wheel cleaner doesn't harm the ceramic coating?

1 hour ago, jabo_pf said:

What product/lubricant (Detail spray or Waterless Wash) are you using when drying down with a towel with a car that has ceramic coating?

So, wheel cleaner doesn't harm the ceramic coating?

Wheel cleaner will not harm the coating.  I usually suggest it being done once to twice per year.

You can use matte detailer as it has no wax in it, or you can use ceramic boost if it's due to be done.  Either one will work well.  That being said, towel drying is rare in the shop.  We use a MBR that we love.  Touchless drying.  Anything that's left at that point wipes easily with a microfiber.  I know that's not something everyone has, and in that case I'd lean towards the matte detail spray.