Customer Service 866.965.0400

Restoring rich warm tone carnuba tone on coated car

dfettero

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Dean, was the vehicle machine polished to as close to perfection as possible before applying the coating? Machine polishing will give awesome depth to the paint since you're smoothing out the surface and removing swirl marks that cause light to reflect and refract in all sorts of directions and make the paint look dull.

Most ceramic coatings are pretty durable and shouldn't haze up or scratch as easily, but as falcaineer stated, using our Ceramic Boost about once every 2 months or so should maintain the coating and keep the paint looking fantastic. 

You could apply Patriot Wax over top of the coating - it won't necessarily hurt anything but keep in mind that it may lessen the water-repelling behavior of the coating. If you went with any wax, I would recommend Patriot since it is infused with ceramic protection for more durability, but for my coated car, I do not put a sealant or wax on top of the coating. I stick to Ceramic Boost, Waterless Wash, Car Shampoo, and Wash & Wax (also has some ceramic in it).