Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior Detailer vs Interior Cleaner

BlackCadi14

Question

I am confused if I need both products or just one or the other, they both clean, right?  I need a product to help clean the inside of my Cadillac, it mostly leather on the inside and I am building up dust on the dash, nav screen, and the other small places.  I am going to get the leather conditioner to help with the seats, but was not sure if I need both detailer and cleaner.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

9 answers to this question

Yes, both clean. Proverbial answer of what you need: it depends. ID is for moderate to light cleaning, while LIC is a deep (but gentle) cleaner that you'll want to follow up with LC to recondition. If you haven't cleaned the surfaces before/in a while, my recommendation is to get both. Clean the trouble areas like seats and steering wheel with the LIC, and use the ID on dash and door panels (unless really dirty, then use LIC there, too). Don't forget the towels and cockpit brush, too. DS is great for nav screens, by the way. Watch these, too:

Hi Jeremy,

The Interior Detailer is most commonly used to maintain a clean interior; i.e. removing dust build-up and finger print smudges.   It can be used on the Nav screen, door panels, seats, dash, steering wheel, etc.  Just not the glass.  

The Interior cleaners are typically used when a deep clean is required.  The Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner works to remove stains and embedded dirt from.......you guessed it...carpet and upholstery.  The leather and interior cleaner is used for leather seats, dash boards and steering wheels to remove embedded dirt before applying the leather conditioner.

Edited by ZMAN024

One point of clarification to what's said above...LIC can be used on leather, vinyl and plastic. So don't think you're locked into using it on one type of surface. It works great on door panels and the like, as well. For example, I used it on a plastic dash to remove this mark:

1202171016.thumb.jpg.cfbd3373096a04d13265b66de9bb0b4f.jpg.5e00284097c120abf868e43e7acfd5ce.jpg

1202171021.thumb.jpg.b2822a14e0d0f60c0d1eadfcbfc27154.jpg.ccc428e62a4086c9a18305f45bdb8e6d.jpg

Thanks Guys!!!  I will get both, It is clean now with just a little dust, I think I could get by with just ID but having LIC would be nice to have on hand as well.

I placed my order this morning for all the interior stuff I needed to make my ride shine again!!

Thank you, cant wait to use it all!!!

2 hours ago, BlackCadi14 said:

Thanks Guys!!!  I will get both, It is clean now with just a little dust, I think I could get by with just ID but having LIC would be nice to have on hand as well.

I placed my order this morning for all the interior stuff I needed to make my ride shine again!!

Thank you, cant wait to use it all!!!

Can't wait to see some pics! Hint, hint.......

I use both the foraming and regular LIC, and find that there is a time and a place for both. If I am just doing some general cleaning of say the dash or larger flat areas of a door panel or larger flat areas in general I use the regular LIC, if I need to get down into some crevasse or into some really tight corners, I prefer the foaming type. I have also found if it is really built onthere grease and grime, such as an arm rest then the foaming is great to be able to put on there, agitate it, and then let it sit. 

9 hours ago, pirahnah3 said:

I use both the foraming and regular LIC, and find that there is a time and a place for both. If I am just doing some general cleaning of say the dash or larger flat areas of a door panel or larger flat areas in general I use the regular LIC, if I need to get down into some crevasse or into some really tight corners, I prefer the foaming type. I have also found if it is really built onthere grease and grime, such as an arm rest then the foaming is great to be able to put on there, agitate it, and then let it sit. 

I also got both for these exact reasons. although its the same formula there is a time and place for either foam or spray

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, BlackCadi14 said:

I am confused if I need both products or just one or the other, they both clean, right?  I need a product to help clean the inside of my Cadillac, it mostly leather on the inside and I am building up dust on the dash, nav screen, and the other small places.  I am going to get the leather conditioner to help with the seats, but was not sure if I need both detailer and cleaner.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

I was a little confused as well. most interior detailers ive used in the past clean and protect but ive also had to use quite a bit of product at time to get really dirty spots clean.  Having both a dedicated cleaner means less detailer being used.  I also wanted to start with a clean start.