Customer Service 866.965.0400

Remove grease grime on 87 Corvette side panels

NickyC

I’m trying to get ground in dirt and grease off side red  panels of my 87 Corvette. I was thinking of trying your all purpose cleaner or the new  eco all purpose cleaner . I previously tried hot Dawn detergent with soft scrub using soft brush/also tooth brush Results not good. Any thoughts?

I'm sorry-- talking interior. I have red leather sports seats on 87 Vette with matching red vinyl inside door panels -- the inside vinyl door panels are my concern with fair amount gease/body oil.. car has only 42000 on it and in general panels are in good condition.

Believe it or not, Goo Gone or Upholstery Cleaner should work.  Rub in with a micro, and blot.  Once you get it out, be sure to treat it with Leather Conditioner.

22 hours ago, NickyC said:

Yes I know... trying to avoid going that route.... just spent bunch $ solving check engine/ bad hesitation problem...and just back in shop w/manual shift issues...

Do Vettes have a check the check engine light light? 

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

I hate that f'n check engine light.  Used to come on all the time in my old Vette.  Was always the fuel injectors.  

That episode with Penny and Sheldon was great. I would have thrown  him out too.  :lolsmack:

C4 vettes1984-1996 has first generation OBT check engine light tech(up to 1991) - basically you count a series of lights flashing when you plug-in under the dash -then go to service manual and see the complicated procedure to try diagnose the problem. I had shops trying to diagnose code 33 and 36 for about two years. Finally solved. Now I have linkage problems in my manual shifter. Car is over 30 years old..

New Vette’s C5-C7 have a much better diagnosis system that give specific reasons for check engine light-therefore is easier to solve.