Customer Service 866.965.0400

Trim Restorer on grey trim?

falcaineer

Question

I'm considering the Trim Restorer but have some questions first. Will it work for dark grey trim (e.g., Xterra), and if so, what effects will it have? Will the trim still be grey, or could it take on an even darker color...black?...because this is "black" trim restorer?

8 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, Thorsager said:

What I mean is that the trim restorer made the black trim black again but on the grey trim it went on black and just did not look right. I wiped it off and just used the tire and rubber cleaner to clean up the gray trim.

Gotcha, thanks. And thanks to Chris and Frette, too. I know the TRC can do well at cleaning it (as can Coating Prep, by the way), I just don't expect it'll fix the zebra stripes like the trim restorer might. But....

That's one vote for it works, one for it doesn't, and one for maybe. :wacko: Anyone else try this yet?

BTW, Adam does say something about dark grey trim in the product video at ~:25 point, but it's not very clear because, well, I don't want my dark grey trim to be "black again."

I have tried it on the dark grey part of the front bumper on my 2015 Sierra. It had a weird streaking look putting it on. Once it dried alittle and I wiped it off. It made the trim darker-ish but still grey. The trim on the front bumper is not really textured and wasn’t that faded. Sorry I don’t have any pictures of during the process. 

Edited by frosty350

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

What do you mean by it didn't work?

What I mean is that the trim restorer made the black trim black again but on the grey trim it went on black and just did not look right. I wiped it off and just used the tire and rubber cleaner to clean up the gray trim.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Why not just use VRT?

I have/do. Love it. But I'm looking for something longer lasting that I can lock in with coating (once the current coating wears out). The zebra stripes are pretty bad and the coating doesn't really fix that.