Customer Service 866.965.0400

Traveling Bug Guts Pre Soak???

JoeySr

Question

Is there something we can mix up to spray the crap out of the front end of the car with to help soften/dissolve bug guts before washing the car?

We just finished up a 5k mile road trip and ugh, the bug guts were rather bad to say the least......

9 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, JoeySr said:

Is there something we can mix up to spray the crap out of the front end of the car with to help soften/dissolve bug guts before washing the car?

We just finished up a 5k mile road trip and ugh, the bug guts were rather bad to say the least......

I've seen videos of waterless wash being used on the stream setting on bug guts prior to wiping it with the waterless wash towel but I'm sure it could be used as a primer before a normal wash. If I'm not mistaken rinseless wash can also be diluted and be used as a waterless wash. The ratio is 2oz to 32oz distilled water if my memory serves me right.  

51 minutes ago, JoeySr said:

The least aggressive method would be to soak the bug infested area with waterless wash first prior to wash. If you want to go a little more aggressive, could use eco APC but you don’t want it to dwell too long. 

What they said for the pre-soak^^

If they are very bad I recommend soaking thin microfiber towels in your wash solution, then place the towels over the bugs to soften them up.  Let them sit 5-10 minutes (maybe do the wheels), and the bugs should come off easily.  I use this method to remove the love bugs we get twice a year, and it the best part is it leaves the LSP in place.

Another tip is to 'freshen' up your protection/LSP on grill area before leaving and it makes them easier to remove later.  

I think it was @mc2hill who keeps wash n wax mixed up to foam on his wheels.  I did the same and sprayed the front bumper while working on the wheels today.  I think this might be my new favorite method. (You could get the ik sprayer and use waterless wash / diluted rinseless too.)

https://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-ik-foam-sprayer.html

7D864480-6457-4D68-A343-9A2ED83B33AA.jpeg

22 minutes ago, 8675309'SS said:

I think it was @mc2hill who keeps wash n wax mixed up to foam on his wheels.  I did the same and sprayed the front bumper while working on the wheels today.  I think this might be my new favorite method. (You could get the ik sprayer and use waterless wash / diluted rinseless too.)

https://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-ik-foam-sprayer.html

7D864480-6457-4D68-A343-9A2ED83B33AA.jpeg

Interesting, just put a waterless wash in this as a pre soak & foam the front end at the car wash.......what is the benefits of foaming vs using a spray bottle???

To clarify:

1. The waterless / rinseless diluted won’t foam.

2. There are two IK sprayers. One that foams, and one that does not. 

That being said:

If using waterless /rinseless diluted for your bug soak you would want to use a regular spray bottle or the IK sprayer bottle.  Advantage of the IK sprayer over regular spray bottle with a trigger type spray head are minor. But if you have a lot to spray and respray, the IK gives you a spray with the push of a button after you’ve pumped it. So more coverage for less effort. 

If you are going to use a hose in your wash method you can use the IK Foam sprayer with car shampoo and water mixed to spray on the buggy area, let dwell which will soften the bugs. Then spray off with a hose. Proceed with wash. This is exactly how I took care of the vacation bugs below. After letting the foam of wash n wax dwell for about 5 minutes then spraying off with a hose 95% of those bugs were gone. 

Hope that clarifies what I meant initially. Let me know. 

FFB28C5A-2199-4EB9-81C7-A3BBFE9063E8.jpeg

71458FE4-C38E-49C2-AE73-9CC7016E9AFD.jpeg

Edited by 8675309'SS

With us doing so much traveling, the front has a clear bra on, but the bugs can get thick and heavy & trying to clean them off as much as possible as time permits as they really drive me nutz.

Normally we find a touch less car wash someplace and I'm just looking for something I can pre soak with that will help soften and loosen the crap up with.

Sounds like the best way to go is full strength waterless wash sprayed on a few min before washing when on the road & then when we get home & can break out the hose and use a  IK Foam sprayer & car shampoo/water mix.

nzSZVkO.jpg