Customer Service 866.965.0400

I would say a pretty crazy detail

Superdutytd

Question

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmZveqyU5E&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmZveqyU5E&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

That is crazy. A prime example of more money than sense in my book. I wonder how much better that $6K wax works as compared to the Adam's Machine Super Wax. That guy should get down and spend a few "quid" (I love that word) with Adam's! :2thumbs:

I guess it's all relative though....my neighbors, and wife, think it's crazy that I don't just go to Walmart and get my detailing supplies...:lolsmack:

That wax is 76% Carnuba, and you can buy it for a lot less now than when that video was made. You can buy it from Swissvax for $1100. I really want to try some!

In that video, Paul is using Swissvax Devine, which has a price tag of $2,500. Technically, it's the most expensive wax in the world since there are NO refills....it's a one shot deal.

The $1100 dollar stuff is their Crystal Rock, which is simply amazing...and for $1100 it better be!

In that video, Paul is using Swissvax Devine, which has a price tag of $2,500. Technically, it's the most expensive wax in the world since there are NO refills....it's a one shot deal.

The $1100 dollar stuff is their Crystal Rock, which is simply amazing...and for $1100 it better be!

Oh when I was looking on his website it kept talking about how he liberally applies the Crystal rock to all the cars he details, which I thought was the same as he was using in the video.

Have you ever used it? Or seen it on a car?

Oh when I was looking on his website it kept talking about how he liberally applies the Crystal rock to all the cars he details, which I thought was the same as he was using in the video.

Have you ever used it? Or seen it on a car?

I have a small 40mL sample of it - it made my car look soaking wet for three months...and that's with the car being outside EVERYDAY. It will also make any red-ish colored car look like a giant piece of hard candy :drool:

I've been using the sample as an up-sell to some of my customers and so far they've loved the results as well.

Edited by Baron_Von_Awesome

Wow so it is that good? Goddammit now I have to go and buy some...you're talking about the crystal rock right?

Pick up an extra couple of those for your friends here too :D:D:D:D

What's a few extra grand between friends :lolsmack:

Ah good old Paul Dalton... hes charging that much not b/c thats what his work is worth, but more b/c thats what his customers are willing to pay.

Its like paying for a super high end steak at some swank resturant. You could probably find a better steak much cheaper, but some people LIKE to pay that kind of money for the prestige of being able to say "I paid $XXXXXXX for my car to be cleaned"

Not to take anything away from Paul b/c he does AMAZING work but the price has just as much to do w/ being a gimmic as it does the types of products he uses. I'm sure if I had the kind of money to afford some of those cars I wouldn't even blink and dropping that kind of coin to have him work on it. Everythings relative.

I'm sure if I had the kind of money to afford some of those cars I wouldn't even blink and dropping that kind of coin to have him work on it. Everythings relative.

Exactly! If I drove the Maserati MC12 in that video, I probably wouldn't be thinking twice about dropping a few grand on a full detail.

Ah good old Paul Dalton... hes charging that much not b/c thats what his work is worth, but more b/c thats what his customers are willing to pay.

Its like paying for a super high end steak at some swank resturant. You could probably find a better steak much cheaper, but some people LIKE to pay that kind of money for the prestige of being able to say "I paid $XXXXXXX for my car to be cleaned"

Not to take anything away from Paul b/c he does AMAZING work but the price has just as much to do w/ being a gimmic as it does the types of products he uses. I'm sure if I had the kind of money to afford some of those cars I wouldn't even blink and dropping that kind of coin to have him work on it. Everythings relative.

I will have to agree with you up to some point. It's kind of like a $500 guitar vs a 5,000. The 500 is going to be 97% as good as the 5,000 but the 5000 costs ten times as much just to be 3 percent better.

Oh and I'll make sure to throw in an extra 4 or 5 in my order for all my buddies! :lolsmack:

One thing I noticed in the video was that he applied his wax by hand! Seemed to make sense with the warmth of the skin applying the wax. So......

I broke out my APW and applied a coat by hand. :D

I don't know if it looks any better, but I could feel EVERYTHING on the car. And it was an absolutely great experience Rubbing your car down by hand!:2thumbs:

Give it a try!