Customer Service 866.965.0400

VRT Runs...

Cyclone

Question

Well, Saturday I detailed the truck up.

I used VRT on all the window rubbers and the plastic pieces. It looked fantastic. I have used it before without any problems.

Last night I guess it rained pretty hard, but this is what I woke up to. There was residue from the VRT that ran all down the doors, bumper and everywhere else that I had applied it. It also left patchy areas on the plastics where it had washed off.

Did I use to much when I did it?

No damage was done, it came off easily with detail spray. I just want to prevent this from happening again.

8 answers to this question

When it comes to rain and washing that is typical. Remember that VRT is water based - which is why it works so well. If you wanted a product that water couldn't affect we'd sell you a bottle of motor oil.

You did it right though to clean it up, it should wipe off easily :cheers:

Petroleum products like Armor All, Meguiars, and a few other Wal-Mart brands seem to last so long because they are chocked full of oil. The downside of course is they dry out your exterior panels, tires, and interior pieces. They'll eventually dry them out so bad you'll see them discolor and even warp! Petroleum dressings on your tires also never dries so you'll see it end up on your fenders in no time.

When it comes to rain and washing that is typical. Remember that VRT is water based - which is why it works so well. If you wanted a product that water couldn't affect we'd sell you a bottle of motor oil.

You did it right though to clean it up, it should wipe off easily :cheers:

Petroleum products like Armor All, Meguiars, and a few other Wal-Mart brands seem to last so long because they are chocked full of oil. The downside of course is they dry out your exterior panels, tires, and interior pieces. They'll eventually dry them out so bad you'll see them discolor and even warp! Petroleum dressings on your tires also never dries so you'll see it end up on your fenders in no time.

Thanks!!!

Never really thought about it I guess, but then again, it has not rained in who knows how long.

Next time though, I will use a little less :D

Thanks!!!

Never really thought about it I guess, but then again, it has not rained in who knows how long.

Next time though, I will use a little less :D

Wow betcha never knew those streaks were a good thing:2thumbs: