Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel cleaner on carbon ceramic brakes

joshp14

Question

My car has carbon ceramic brake rotors and pads. The rotors are sensitive to cleaning products, pourus and can be easily damaged using the wrong cleaners. They don't hardly produce any brake dust. If I want to clean the wheels using the wheel cleaner, which cleaner should I use without worrying about damaging the rotor? I have heard not to use the types of cleaners that change colors, such as the Adam's wheel cleaner. Perhaps just use the neutral PH car wash solution on the wheels instead? Or the eco wheel cleaner? Thanks in advance.

Edited by joshp14

4 answers to this question

I would just use soap, water, a soft brush to loosen up grime, and an old wash mitt. When I used to wash my cars frequently that was all I ever needed. 

I dont really rely on WC unless it’s on my daily which can go several weeks to months before it gets a good washing. 

Soap and water brotha, soap and water. There’s a thread running around right now comparing wheel cleaners; check it out. I posted my $0.02 in it. But especially with your brakes productions little to zero dust and deposits...soap and water!!!!!