Customer Service 866.965.0400

Finishing polish before ceramic?

X1x1x1

Question

Hello, 

I am wondering if using Adams new finishing polish before the ceramic step will be ok. I ask because the new finishing polish formula has sio2 in it which may mess with the ceramic binding to the clear coat?

6 hours ago, X1x1x1 said:

Applying a full second coat, over say the full door. Is that not a good idea?

You can layer the coating a couple layers, just make sure it's clean between. But if you want simple, use either the CSC (smallest bottle will be plenty for touch-up, and probably the whole car), or call it good with only the Ceramic Boost. Hard to say how much your removed, but either of those would build it up, at least some, and keep you from having to do it all over again. 

Not too familiar with Meg's (used it a long time ago), but sounds like that could work. Maybe others will add their thoughts on that process.

Oh, and you're very welcome for the patience! That's what we're all here for 😁.

1 minute ago, falcaineer said:

You can layer the coating a couple layers, just make sure it's clean between. But if you want simple, use either the CSC (smallest bottle will be plenty for touch-up, and probably the whole car), or call it good with only the Ceramic Boost. Hard to say how much your removed, but either of those would build it up, at least some, and keep you from having to do it all over again. 

Not too familiar with Meg's (used it a long time ago), but sounds like that could work. Maybe others will add their thoughts on that process.

Oh, and you're very welcome for the patience! That's what we're all here for 😁.

This is kind of good news! So if I’m happy with the results as is, I can top as needed with boost, or I was going to apply their ceramic wax (I like the way wax looks). 

Or I could clean and apply a second coat. Now another question. Will the spots that have only one coat look noticeable different than the spots that have 2 coats? 

4 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

I LOVE the ceramic wax. And on that blue you're gonna be in love with it, as well. I really can't wait to see how that turns out. I've put it on black, white and silver cars and it's been incredible every time.

No, you shouldn't notice any difference. We're talking microns of thickness, so should be just fine. 

Now I’m even more excited to get the wax on. Haha making me not want to do another ceramic layer so I can apply the wax. I’ll see how the week goes. 

So my car is outside for another couple of hours and it’s about to rain. It’s been 48 hours since I coated. Will it be ok?

17 minutes ago, X1x1x1 said:

Now I’m even more excited to get the wax on. Haha making me not want to do another ceramic layer so I can apply the wax. I’ll see how the week goes. 

So my car is outside for another couple of hours and it’s about to rain. It’s been 48 hours since I coated. Will it be ok?

Scratch that. Got it home!

25 minutes ago, X1x1x1 said:

40 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

I LOVE the ceramic wax. And on that blue you're gonna be in love with it, as well. I really can't wait to see how that turns out. I've put it on black, white and silver cars and it's been incredible every time.

No, you shouldn't notice any difference. We're talking microns of thickness, so should be just fine. 

The Ceramic Paste Wax is easily in my top 5 products from Adam's that have amazed me.   My oldest daughter bought a blue car and while I thought about disowning her, I didn't and I was even nice enough to polish it and put CPW on it.  Here's a link to the Blue thing:  

Hello again!

so the coating actually looks pretty good at this point, or whatever is left of it from my finishing polish. 

Debating between either applying ceramic paste wax over top of it and pretending this mess never happened. Or applying another coat of ceramic on the car. 

Id prefer the second coat of ceramic but I’m wondering if the first coat has diminished will the second coat adhere to that and not last as long or will it work it’s way under the first and adhered to the clear?

4 hours ago, X1x1x1 said:

Hello again!

so the coating actually looks pretty good at this point, or whatever is left of it from my finishing polish. 

Debating between either applying ceramic paste wax over top of it and pretending this mess never happened. Or applying another coat of ceramic on the car. 

Id prefer the second coat of ceramic but I’m wondering if the first coat has diminished will the second coat adhere to that and not last as long or will it work it’s way under the first and adhered to the clear?

Given your location and given that you have roughly 4 months before the weather really turns, I'd recommend going with Ceramic Paste Wax for now and redoing the vehicle around the start of November.  CPW will easily last 4 months and more likely 6 since that is what I get in South Carolina's sun.  You can make the choice in November is another coat of CPW will get you through the winter or if you want to polish it and coat it before the salt starts getting put on the roads. 

If you do go with CPW, just remember to put it on thin.  It does not take much wax at all and do a panel at a time or if it is cool out or high humidity you might be able to do two panels.  Then get the wax off and wait a few minutes and got the panel(s) with a clean towel.  If the first towel looks dirty or turns black, you applied way too much CPW.  

14 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Yeah, @X1x1x1, I'm with @RayS on this one. Hit it with CPW and call it good. You'll have plenty of protection and shine, and can get to enjoying it and showing it all off a lot sooner! 🤟🏼

Very true! 

What is a good drying aid after the wax is applied? 

9 hours ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Ceramic Waterless Wash is great! Especially between Ceramic Boost applications!

How often for ceramic boost and I also have Adams ceramic wash? Don’t want to make the paint full with too many layers. 

On 7/18/2019 at 9:35 PM, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Ceramic cost every 4-6 weeks

do you mean wash+coat or ceramic waterless wash?

i used wash and coat last evening and Wow! The results are amazing. 

should I be using this every wash, every other, once a month? 

I am going to apply the ceramic wax this weekend. Would it make sense to use a strip wash before applying?