Customer Service 866.965.0400

What is this and how do I get rid of it?

rkdiddy

Question

I was washing my G today and noticed these two spots on the paint that I haven't seen before.

I take very good care of my cars (detailing regularly - PC, Adams and Menzerna products) - so I'm not sure where these came from.

Please look at the below and let me know if you know what these are and most importantly how do I get rid of them.

:help:

IMG_0033.JPG

20 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Here are a couple more photos - I used a dime to give you an idea of the size.

No I've never been hit by an egg (thank goodness).

Also, they look like they would be rough to the touch, but they're not.

FYI - the haze inside the crackeled spot is the reflection of my street number sign.

Thanks.

IMG_0244.JPGIMG_0245.JPGIMG_0251.JPGIMG_0250.JPG

Ok, resized the photos.

I have owned it since it was new...it's my baby (well one of them). One is on the driverside fender arch and the other is on the driverside hood arch (about 10 inches from the other).

I thought maybe it was the clearcoat cracking, but like I said running your finger over it, it is smooth.

I actually have to be up in Torrance for a shoot tomorrow. Does anyone know if Adams still has an office up there?

That looks identical to the problem I see regularly on some customers cars with cheap paint jobs. If I had to diagnose purely from those pictures and what I've seen in the past that is definitely failing paint under the clear coat. Not much you're going to be able to do without sanding down to the layer that the defect is on.

That's what it looks like to me. Looks like a prep problem under the paint.

Later,

yeah i have a few in my camaro from where the hood was resprayed and the guy before me waxed it to early and it causes that!!!!:help::help:!!!!have a pro look at it!i havet fixed mine yet....

My buddies Maxima has those on the hood too. We cleaned them up somewhat with a total detail but they are still there. About the same size too...

Weird... Same car company too.