Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cyclo Pads and Chemicals

FordFocusST

Question

Hello all!

Been a long time for me since I've been around. Life, moving, changing work locations, kids. Its been a long time. Currently my car is starting to show swirl marks. Also has some nice dents from my son opening my wife's car into the rear quarter panel of my car in the garage! Those will just be battle wounds!

I'm looking into getting back into detailing my car but I see Adam's has so much different stuff. I still have a cyclo and some old pads with a lot of chemicals that I haven't used recently. They are rather old at this point. I'm curious with the pads and chemicals being so old, if they would still work. Also curious what pads and stuff I should get now to use with the Cyclo. The chemicals have been in some heat and cold air since I've gotten them but have been in a closed bottle. Been stored in my garage.

Thanks for the help in advance. Miss you guys! 

3 answers to this question

Welcome back!

Thankfully, your cyclo should be unaffected by time.  The same is probably true of the pads, assuming they were new (or cleaned well) and stored properly. Chemicals are little trickier. Stored in a dark, cool, temperature-stable location, they MIGHT have been OK. If exposed to sunlight or extreme temps (as your were), they're likely no good. I recommend you start with fresh supplies.

What you use depends on the condition of your car and whether you intend to go down the ceramic path. The broad strokes havent' changed much - wash, decontaminate & clay, polish, and then wax / seal or coat it.  Check out the Learn area for tutorials. 

Thanks.

I just went through all of it and even the pads were bad. Falling apart sadly. Kind of mad and sad at the same time!

Will any of the current four inch pads work with the cyclo? Cyclo works perfectly fine at least! I don't plan on buying a rupes right now either. Especially since I need to restock a little bit. Almost like I'm starting over.

I'll go through the learn area too. I like the new website.

Forgot to add that the car has had basically been through the car wash. I'd say about two years of neglect on the thing. Definitely needs a good clay.

Edited by FordFocusST

I have a Cylco on which I've used nothing but Adam's 4" pads since I bought it, so the answer to your question is yes - any of the 4" pads should be fine. 

Two years of neglect means your car needs the full treatment regimen! Good luck and don't forget to post some before/after pics!

Edited by Norton