Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic coating and spray coating question

bjoeaull

Question

I’ve used Adams coatings on a few vehicles the past couple years.  About to do another.  I was brushing up on the techniques and think I heard in a video that while applying the ceramic coating, after it flashes and cured a minute or two that you can use spray coating to help wipe off.  Did I understand that correctly?

Would that also add a little something extra, sorta like when you boost it after it cures?

thanks!

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, bjoeaull said:

I’ve used Adams coatings on a few vehicles the past couple years.  About to do another.  I was brushing up on the techniques and think I heard in a video that while applying the ceramic coating, after it flashes and cured a minute or two that you can use spray coating to help wipe off.  Did I understand that correctly?

Would that also add a little something extra, sorta like when you boost it after it cures?

thanks!

I don't recall that being a step. You would just remove the coating and not use more coating to help remove it. After is has cured for 4 hours, you can apply the Ceramic Boost.

I found what I was talking about.  In the video for easy to use ceramic coat where they are talking and sitting in chairs.  Go to minute 7:00.  Now I could be miss understanding him, but sounds like he uses spray coat as an aid to remove/spread the coating 

27 minutes ago, bjoeaull said:

I found what I was talking about.  In the video for easy to use ceramic coat where they are talking and sitting in chairs.  Go to minute 7:00.  Now I could be miss understanding him, but sounds like he uses spray coat as an aid to remove/spread the coating 

I apologize as I didn't fully understand your question. For Ceramic Coating, you CAN use Ceramic Spray Coating as a removal aid. For Ceramic Spray Coating, you DON'T want to use more Ceramic Spray Coating as a removal aid.

On 10/30/2019 at 1:11 PM, bjoeaull said:

You aren't misunderstanding at all! You're correct in that you can use a few light mists of Ceramic Spray Coating to aid in the removal of flashed Ceramic Paint Coating or Ceramic Wheel Coating. I've even used the Spray Coating to go back over a few high spots or streaks that I may have accidentally missed when applying Paint or Wheel Coating - these usually are most noticeable on a dark color paint like black, gray, navy blue, etc.

On 10/31/2019 at 8:49 AM, bjoeaull said:

Great, I’ll give that a try!  Do we know if it adds anything, or just ease of process.  

22 hours ago, Amiguel6 said:

The actual ceramic is more powerful than the spray coating, so it may just be to ease the removal process.

Using Ceramic Spray Coating to aid in wiping off our Paint or Wheel Coating won't really add much more protection in that particular aspect, since you're just spraying a bit to make the flashed coating easier to wipe off (much like you can use Detail Spray to aid in removing Buttery Wax residue that may have hazed up a little too long); however, applying Ceramic Spray Coating after Paint or Wheel Coating have cured would add a little extra protection on top of the coating to help it to not wear down as fast, much like Ceramic Boost and Ceramic Paste/Liquid Wax do as well. 

For everyone else wondering about the video, here's a direct link to it! It's a very informative 10-minute video of our chemist Chris and Joe our Creative Director having a discussion on the process and science behind ceramic coatings, and specifically our Ceramic Spray Coating: