Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mental Constipation

VT Yeti

it used to be so easy. Simonize paste wax, rub on allow dry, rub off. Todays confusing array of polishing options have given me mental constipation, meaning I cannot move onto one or another. Ceramic, clay, etc. Where do I start besides washing the car first?

Hi VT welcome to the forum. You came to the right place to learn. 

it may be helpful to understand what kind of protection is right for you.  See the thread below:

mu favorite protection is probably a ceramic coating. It’s very durable and lasts a long time. 

It can be confusing for sure but to give you a quick typical process here are some steps

1. clean wheels and tires, and if so desired, clean exhaust tips (chemicals which may fit into this category: wheel cleaner, tire and rubber cleaner, wheel and tire cleaner, eco wheel cleaner, all purpose cleaner, eco all purpose cleaner)

2. wash whole car thoroughly with two bucket method (think about using strip wash and/or car shampoo)

3. decontaminate (here’s where you use a clay bar or clay mit on all paint and glass, and a chemical that may help prior to claying is Iron Remover)

4. Polish (use swirl killer system with one step, Polish, or compound liquids and associated pads to remove swirls, scratches, water spots, hazing, etc on your paint)

5. Protect (use selected protection: wax, sealant, or ceramic coating)

Welcome, VT Yeti!

I know where you are coming from!  While I have been a car guy for years, I really dove in to keeping my cars looking great and protected well this past year.  Like you, I was overwhelmed at first, but as Juan said, you are in the right place to learn!  Adam's Polishes produces premium products that outperform anything you are going to find at the big box stores or the auto parts stores.  The first time you get that amazing look to your vehicle after using Adam's products (and realize how much longer your vehicle will keep looking good), you'll appreciate the difference, and if you're like me, be hooked on keeping your vehicle looking great all the time!  

And as far as learning what's what and how to use them, you'll find that you can typically find an answer by searching the forum or asking your question and getting replies from our fellow forum members.  I'll also add to Juan's comments above that if you are looking for a good general overview of things, Adam's has an excellent YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzpvSWz3VFZpeFeitVsybWg.  That helped me a lot when getting started.