Customer Service 866.965.0400

Buttery wax on top of Paint Sealer, or just HGG?

Calimattrs

Question

Question regarding buttery wax and paint sealer (detail about cars/plan below)  - Should I also use the paint sealer for car 1 and then use Carnuba (buttery wax + Spray Wax) on top? The products that work together are slightly confusing on the website, and the carnuba products seem to be going out of style replaced by HGG & Ceramics. I have a bunch of carnuba to get through before I can consider a ceramic regimen! 

Mystery bucket unloaded and added to the collection. After a ton of research on the website and Youtube videos, I think I have a detailing strategy for my two cars. Took advantage of BOGO's to get the rest of what I needed. (Not shown: Buttery Wax, HGG, VRT, Paint Sealant)

Both cars parked outside in Southern California beach town. Temp never gets above ~75  and it rarely rains.

Car 1 - 2020 White 4Runner (Carnuba based plan since I enjoy detailing this car)

*Buttery Wax base every 3 months 

*Spray Wax as a drying agent once per month to refresh wax

*Car Shampoo + Detail Spray weekly 

Car 2 - 2012 White Edge (200k+ miles)

*Paint Sealer base 2x per year 

*HGG as a drying agent once per month

*Car Shampoo + Detail Spray bi-weekly (I don't spend as much time cleaning wife's commuter)

Interior shine + VRT + Tire & Wheel cleaner for interior and trim.

5 answers to this question

So I have recently done a ceramic Coating on my car would it be redundant and pointless to use buttery wax on top? My understanding is its best to stick with ceramic maintenance products and other SIO2 infused products am I correct?

12 hours ago, BpcIS350 said:

So I have recently done a ceramic Coating on my car would it be redundant and pointless to use buttery wax on top? My understanding is its best to stick with ceramic maintenance products and other SIO2 infused products am I correct?

The Buttery Wax does not last long, so as you said, you would be better off using a Sio2 product as a topper if you have a coating applied.

If you are using Paint Sealant, using H2O G&G every month or so will give a great look.

20 hours ago, BpcIS350 said:

You are correct.  The new CS3 is like a waterless wash/detail spray that I really like on my ceramic coating.  It doesn't last as long as the Boost, but a lot less streaks.