Customer Service 866.965.0400

Another Loss

OIF Vet

Where to begin. As all military people know, you meet some awesome people while serving in the military no matter what type of uniform you wear. Over the past months I've sent my friend Mike emails and I've left a bunch of messages on his phone. I figured he was busy since he just recently redployed and I really didn't think to much about it. We all know that time flys and things get put off from time to time so he would call/email me when he gets some free time. Well this morning I get an email from another friend of mine telling me to give him a call. What he told me came as a complete shock. He informed me that our good friend took his own life back in January. I've expierenced combat and seen death to many times, but this is different. He was out of harms way now and was back with his family. To make a long story short, the horrors of combat were to much for Mike to handle. I know that a ton of people on here are very patriotict and please keep it up. Some may not support the war but please support the troops. Mike was a great guy and is going to be missed beyond words. He is survived by his wife and 4 kids.

Rob

I am truly sorry to hear about your friend.

I suppose no one knew how depressed he really was.

It is sad that after all the depressing things you see while in combat that something would trigger you not to be strong enough to handle the real world after you get back home to the safe environment.

Prayers to his family.

Im sorry to hear about your friend, my thoughts a prayers go out to his family..

:patriot::patriot::patriot:

:iagree:

Very sorry to hear of your loss. You're right in that no uniform separates the comradery felt among service men. Thank you and your beloved friend for your service and sacrifice.

We've been down that road. My wife's brother did the same thing after Viet Nam. So sorry for your loss. It's always sad when someone dies, but when they take their own life, it's much more tragic. Prayers go out to you and his family.

That is horrible news to hear . My heart goes out to you and your friend and his family . As a combat veteran I fully understand what goes through the head of a vet after coming home . It is a very difficult transition to make when coming out of a combat zone and back to home . Its been 40 years for me and I am still adjusting .

Very sorry to hear this Rob, and that is such a tragedy for his family. I'm sure it is beyond words to see what you have seen there, and to then to come back and be Dad, Husband, and family member must take an enormous amount of energy.

Very sorry to hear about your friend, and I feel that he still died for his country. :patriot:

:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

I support anybody that fights for this country.