Customer Service 866.965.0400

What is a better method?

Cyclone

Question

I have been reading about the single bucket vs. double bucket and I am curious to know which is a better place, or better method for the grit guard?

I just got mine in and will be using it Sunday for the first time. Is it better for me to just use one bucket with the grit guard or would it be better to use a regular wash bucket, and then a rinse bucket with the grit guard? Or should I keep the grit guard in the wash bucket, but still have a rinse bucket?

So many possibilities :willy:

8 answers to this question

I think that 2 bucket method is best, I have two 5 gal. grit guard buckets that are hooked together, if you google gritguard you can see them. If you buy 2 singles off of Adam I think you could order the bracket from gritgaurd to hook them together ! :thumbsup: p.s. Your clean water will stay clean !

I have my grit guard in my wash bucket. When I use the rinse bucket I don't let the mitt touch the bottom. I just rinse it off using the upper half of the bucket's water then toss it into my wash bucket. :2thumbs:

In the wash bucket. You're removing the dirt with the wash water so the dirt will settle on the bottom. You don't want to drop your sponge into the wash water and pick up more dirt to put back on the car and scratch the paint. You really shouldn't have any dirt in the bottom of your rinse bucket and no need for a grit guard.

I would agree with Sundog & jjwvette and disagree with Rich & Devin when using the 2 bucket method and only 1 Grit Guard.

I clean the wash mitt on the Grit Guard in the rinse bucket (thus causing my 'sud gloves'), so the dirt stays at the bottom of the rinse bucket, and the wash bucket stays clean, but still only reload the mitt in top 2/3 of the wash water.

I'll probably get another Grit Guard when Richie C. has some. And I'm using mine right now to dry some detailing sponges and wash mitts!