Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hi!

Amateur detailer here with a question about which products to use with very soft clear coat.

Currently I have a Tesla Model 3 with light swirls that can only be seen in sunlight.  I've read that Tesla's have soft clear coat, so I am looking at some gentle polishes / one steps to use before I coat.  I cannot decide between Adam's Polish w/ white pad or Adam's One Step w/ white pad.  

Anyone have any suggestions?

Welcome to the Forum Andrew.  

You always want to use the least aggressive method possible and then use something more aggressive if that does not do what is needed.  Some areas of the vehicle may require one level and other areas may require something else. 

18 hours ago, RayS said:

You always want to use the least aggressive method possible and then use something more aggressive if that does not do what is needed.  Some areas of the vehicle may require one level and other areas may require something else. 

I'm in a similar boat with a Model 3. I'm looking at the Swirl Killer 12mm one step kit, and my intent is to use the scratch and swirl remover, one step polish, and buttery wax. I read somewhere that if I'm doing the entire vehicle at once that I should use two pads for each step. Is that accurate, and if so should I be getting the one step pads, white, red?

Welcome to the forums! I will echo staring least aggressive, but you may need to step up beyond either of those so keep that in mind.

Here's a great video on polishing that should help guide you...

10 hours ago, rounderjd said:

I'm in a similar boat with a Model 3. I'm looking at the Swirl Killer 12mm one step kit, and my intent is to use the scratch and swirl remover, one step polish, and buttery wax. I read somewhere that if I'm doing the entire vehicle at once that I should use two pads for each step. Is that accurate, and if so should I be getting the one step pads, white, red?

To do an entire car the 12mm may not be your best option.  You "can," but it will take a long time. Check out this video that while a little dated, the concepts are the same for the newer polishers.

Thank you for all the advice!

Gonna start with Adam's polish and white pad.  Hopefully that takes care of the swirls on the soft clear coat.  I plan on coating with Ceramic Spray Coating afterwards.

I already cleaned, decamed and coated the glass on my 3, which it has a lot of, and it looks and beads amazingly.  Cant wait to coat the paint.