Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mandatory to use clay after iron remover?

Vanemil001

Question

Hey I just got a white 2015 VW golf that was previously located in Connecticut and New York. I’ve seen some iron spots on it (I’m assuming due to color) and want to give this car a clean start. I also want to make sure I take care of it properly. I was planning on getting some iron remover but before I use it, what else do I need to do to make sure the iron remover doesn’t damage the paint? I’ve heard people say they use clay after but I’m reluctant since I’m so new at detailing. Any help would be much appreciated!

5 answers to this question

I would highly recommend claying the car afterwards since the iron remover will not remove everything. As long as you use automotive clay and plenty of detail spray or other lubricant you it won’t damage the paint. Just don’t press too hard.  

adam did a video on how to clay that is pretty detailed that you can reference as well.  

I have clayed before not really afraid of that. 

I was afraid of the Iron x .

My car was well taken care of I didn't see the bleeding 

purple marks like in some of the demo's . 

I made sure to hose if off within the 5 minutes suggested. 

Saw purple in the rinse water . 

Washed it to make sure it was all off. 

Clay bar seemed easier than the times I did it before.

Clay really slicks the surface up.

Edited by ctuna

I use Iron remover often and have had no issues.  Its just a safety step for me as it removes the iron without moving it around with claybar.

As long as you are not in direct sun it can be left on longer than 5 minutes as it does not dry out like the old days of using wheel cleaner.