Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rv maintenance

Jaime

Question

So I purchased a brand new fifth wheel rv this year, and I’d like to keep the gel coat on it looking bright and shiny like it is for years to come. I used cs3 the other day as a detail spray/ protectant, id like to know from y’all what would you recommend me using to keep it from becoming chalky like other RV’s around me.thank you!

2 answers to this question

Hi Jaime,

There are multiple options for the RV.  The optimal method is the Graphene Spray Coating, but that will take a lot effort and expense.   The next two options make it a bit easier to keep up with and they are the Wash and Wax and H20 Guard and Gloss.   If you travel regularly and need to wash the bugs off, the Wash and Wax is a good option, easy to use and when used with a Foam Gun or Foam Cannon, it is easy to do a large unit.

Adding a topper of H20 Guard and Gloss will lengthen the time between full maintenance, but it comes with the added effort of needing a ladder to effectively get all all the areas.  

According to whether you have the rubber roof or fiberglass roof, you'll want to make sure you keep it clean and protected.  The roof and the gutters is where most of the chalking or black lines come from.  If your gutters get clogged and the gunk sits for a while, you'll start picking up some streaks.  Also, along the top of the windows and vents or anyplace that organic material can stick and rot can contribute to the marks.

You mentioned that you used CS3 recently, there is a new CS3 that is Graphene based.  While I have not been able to try it yet, I have every other Graphene product from Adam's and am very impressed with the easy of use, longevity and how the vehicle looks.  As good as CS3 already was, I suspect that the Graphene CS3 will be outstanding.

Good luck with your 5th wheel.

4 hours ago, RayS said:

Hi Jaime,

There are multiple options for the RV.  The optimal method is the Graphene Spray Coating, but that will take a lot effort and expense.   The next two options make it a bit easier to keep up with and they are the Wash and Wax and H20 Guard and Gloss.   If you travel regularly and need to wash the bugs off, the Wash and Wax is a good option, easy to use and when used with a Foam Gun or Foam Cannon, it is easy to do a large unit.

Adding a topper of H20 Guard and Gloss will lengthen the time between full maintenance, but it comes with the added effort of needing a ladder to effectively get all all the areas.  

According to whether you have the rubber roof or fiberglass roof, you'll want to make sure you keep it clean and protected.  The roof and the gutters is where most of the chalking or black lines come from.  If your gutters get clogged and the gunk sits for a while, you'll start picking up some streaks.  Also, along the top of the windows and vents or anyplace that organic material can stick and rot can contribute to the marks.

You mentioned that you used CS3 recently, there is a new CS3 that is Graphene based.  While I have not been able to try it yet, I have every other Graphene product from Adam's and am very impressed with the easy of use, longevity and how the vehicle looks.  As good as CS3 already was, I suspect that the Graphene CS3 will be outstanding.

Good luck with your 5th wheel.

Thank you @RayS as soon as I get to Utah I’ll wash with wash and wax and I’ll have to see about that graphene cs3!