Customer Service 866.965.0400

anyone ever wax their windows?

6spdg37s

Question

20 answers to this question

I am certainly not the expert here like the detailing gurus, but I have done the waxing thing for years. I used RainX for years but I have been thoroughly happy with claying the windows and then using the Brilliant Spray Glaze on them. It cleans off really easy and does a great job for me.

has anybody ever waxed the windows on their car? windshield, side windows etc;? is this safe? just a thought

I don't do the windshield. Only side and rear sliding windows on the truck.

They get waxed when I do the rest of the truck. I use BSG maybe once a week. More like once every two weeks...

I used Rain-X years ago and found it to cause my wipers to skip like a champ. I tried it again for sh!ts and giggles and yep... Still does it...

I used BSG the last time on my car with ZERO issues!

I used Rain-X years ago and found it to cause my wipers to skip like a champ. I tried it again for sh!ts and giggles and yep... Still does it...

I used BSG the last time on my car with ZERO issues!

The only way around it that I found is to just drive faster and don't use the wipers at all.:willy: The windows on my truck clear really fast and I don't got past the second notch on the delay.

I have never waxed my windows but I do use Chrome Polish on them after cleaning them it really shines them up and gets rid of some of the small imperfections....just polish as you would wipe off, spritz with a small amount of water and buff..you can use your D/A Polisher with clean pad or a Adams Micro Fiber towel over the pad for a perfect shine

Yup the metal polish will work....it works much better than rain x for me and no squeaking wiper blades...I have been using chrome/metal polish for about 10 years on all my windows..exterior only if you have tint...

I have never tried the BSG or wax on mine...but might give it a run this weekend when the detail blitz goes on in the garage on the Stang

:glasses:

I dont like bumping old posts, but I have had great results with claying my windshield. Then following it up with the Brilliant Spray Glaze. I put to long roadtrips on my vehicle in 1 month, and both times through the high deserts in central California. Great clarity of the glass, especially at night. But the best perk was how easy it was to get the bug guts of the glass. When I had stopped to gas up, I cleaned the windshield. It took little to no effort to wash those little buggers of the glass. Ive done this drive multiple times a year on the way to Mammoth, and always dreaded the squeege time, but not anymore with the help of BSG. :2thumbs: