Customer Service 866.965.0400

Allergy question

Brent44

Question

Does anyone know of any strange chemicals in Adams polishes? Yesterday was the first day using them on my client's tahoe. I used the claybar, shampoo, wax, and detail spray and I woke up this morning to find rashes all over my forearms and knuckles. Just wondering if it's this. Any input is appreciated.

Don't know, but nothings ever happened to me :confused:

thats a question for a person that knows what in it

Well I have never had an allergic Reaction with rashes before. Hmmmm maybe Adam will chime in. I think I might rub some Adams polishes stuff on my leg and see if that does anything

Hi there Brent,

Rashes on your knuckles and forearms, thats gotta be alarming to wake up to. I hope they are getting better as the day progresses. To answer your question, Adam's does not use any ingredients that would cause a common allergic reaction. If we did we would certainly put a warning on the label. Thanks Brent for the question. Has anyone else experienced this?

Steve

Does anyone know of any strange chemicals in Adams polishes? Yesterday was the first day using them on my client's tahoe. I used the claybar, shampoo, wax, and detail spray and I woke up this morning to find rashes all over my forearms and knuckles. Just wondering if it's this. Any input is appreciated.

MIght be the soap that you wash your hand with. there is alot of things that could have done it.

MIght be the soap that you wash your hand with. there is alot of things that could have done it.

Could be. I also had to walk through some bushes to put in the hose so there might have been some poison ivy but it doesn't itch, it's just swollen and tender. I have another detail at his house tomorrow on his avalanche, I'll try to spot anything odd

Hi there Brent,

Rashes on your knuckles and forearms, thats gotta be alarming to wake up to. I hope they are getting better as the day progresses. To answer your question, Adam's does not use any ingredients that would cause a common allergic reaction. If we did we would certainly put a warning on the label. Thanks Brent for the question. Has anyone else experienced this?

Steve

Thanks for the response, I am going to apply a tiny amount of wax, detailed, and soap to my leg tonight, wipe it off, and see if I get the same results. It could also be the bug and tar remover from autozone. Hopefully it's not these products because they are amazing. I love the smell of the detail spray, I almost want to taste it :D

My money would be on the bug and tar remover, like you said, it doesn't itch so that probably rules out Poison Ivy. But keep us posted cause I've never heard of anything like that.

I'm not allergic to any of the products.

Are you allergic to other stuff??

Just normal things. I've been allergy tested twice and all that showed up was pine trees, mold, and saw grass. But I have been getting allergy shots for two years so those things barely bother me anymore.

Are you sure those aren't spider bites??

I don't think there are any spiders in my room and it would have to bite me atleast a hundred times without waking me up. I'm no dermatologist though...

Have fun getting prict 20 times

Woah, woah, woah, I'm not that intense :willy:. I'm just rubbing it into the skin., which is dangerous enough considering the bug and tar remover says not to touch skin with it.....

Woah, woah, woah, I'm not that intense :willy:. I'm just rubbing it into the skin., which is dangerous enough considering the bug and tar remover says not to touch skin with it.....

I think he might have ment a test at the doctors office or something?:willy: