Customer Service 866.965.0400

Good News Thread

Rich

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok - good news.

im finishing up the build on the chevelle, drop by the suspension place that is working on the car and we start up the car and notice a rather loud knocking noise from the front of the engine. first check fan clearance, we are okay there. look a little farther down and see that the harmonic balancer is vibrating pretty badly.

upon further inspection, after shutting the car down immediately, we see that the belt has jumped off the crank pulley one rib. so we raise the car all the way up (added bonus of air ride!!) crawl underneath the car and guess what we see..........

the friggin yahoos that built the motor overlooked torquing down the bolts that hold the crank pulley on. because of this, one bolt was completely missing and the other two were finger tight. nice. we pulled the belt off, went and got new hardware, and after some loctite, some torquing down, and reinstalling the belt, the noise was gone, the balancer was smooth, and the belt is staying in place.

i could just see me going down the road and getting on it a little bit, and seeing my $25K motor go up in smoke!!!!

We have been looking for another project car. This time we have found a Camaro. I am not sure if it is a 68, 69 or 70. I forget.

Anyway...it needs a hood and a new windshield and thats about it other than some minor body work and a good tune up and some Adam's shine. We are offering to trade him both of our ATVs (we are buying a Hammerhead with roll bars) and $1000 for it. He is thinking about it and I hope he takes it.

My husband asked if I wanted to sell my Vette and drive the Camaro when its done. Uhmmmmmmmmm...NO!! :help:

I told him that I would take turns with him and the Camaro. We aren't getting rid of any of our hotrods. :burnout:

Jason,

We also have a DVD/Nav system in our Yukon. IMO...the driver shouldn't be watching videos while driving. :jester: Our kids are grown so I know when my husband installed it that it was for him.

We are also getting a good thunderstorm right now. I love it. :rockon::rockon:

Good News..

I quit smoking 2 weeks ago now. I feel great as well.

Good Job Patrick!!!!

Man, I'm proud of you my friend. Feel better yet?

You will, soon. Now, start exercising every time you want to light up, and you wont start back up!

Congrats, that's really good news.

:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

Jason,

We also have a DVD/Nav system in our Yukon. IMO...the driver shouldn't be watching videos while driving. :jester: Our kids are grown so I know when my husband installed it that it was for him.

We are also getting a good thunderstorm right now. I love it. :rockon::rockon:

Well of course the DVD system is for my kids. Even though they aren't born and I don't have the mother picked out yet. lol

Good News..

I quit smoking 2 weeks ago now. I feel great as well.

Congratulations! How'd you do it? I have quit more things that I care to admit and it's time for me to give up that ghost too. I went 72 hours on the patch once....which is a big accomplishment for me.