Customer Service 866.965.0400

How much is your stock down?

Team Adam's

Most of my stuff went up 10-12% today but overall I'm still down about 25%. However, like you, the majority of my investments are in companies that aren't in jeopardy; they're only being influenced by the overall performance of the market. I used the past two weeks of insanely low prices to stock up on some real bargains and lower my price points. Now it's just a matter of waiting.

The dow reclaimed 9,000 today, hopefully it'll stay above that now

I wish I had numbers like some of you posted. My 401(k) is down over 40%, my brokerage account is down about 35%, my kids 529 plans (college savings account) are down over 20%, and the value of my home has gone down about $100k in the past year! This is the worst economic time that I have ever seen in my professional career.

For those of you that down have an MBA and/or work for a Financial Services firm I would suggest reading the book "One Up on Wall Street" by a gentleman named Peter Lynch. This book explains the fundamentals of the various financial markets, as well as investing in general, in a way that anyone can understand.

I have someone much smarter than me taking care of that.

Me too!!

I am told I lost nothing and my investments are on a straight line right now. I have some sort of annuities. I lost alot of money when 9/11 happened and then I moved it. I'm doing alright compared to others.

-30% has to hurt!! OUCH!!

Down 34%. Not worried - I bought companies that can't go bankrupt and with the government bail outs I don't think anyone is in jeopardy any longer.

If you are under 40 years of age (and I know you are) be bold; be daring; everything is on sale. You have plenty of time to take the risks that are often associated with HUGE gains in the long run......