Customer Service 866.965.0400

ceramic and water spots, how pyrenoid should one be

Fit08

Question

What are those of you seeing/doing when it rains on your DD when its ceramic coated.

Its rained, its been sunny and hot, do you need to jump into full wash mode right away OR can you wait 2-3 days and use just CS3 or detail spray (appropriate one for coating, Graphene or normal).

What's real world experience showing us? Taking away location factors and the variables somewhat, just general rule of thumb?

Notice, I've not included hard tap water issues such as sprinklers or washing as I would hope we have "controlled" that. If you did however get caught in sprinkler shower I would its best to do right away (as soon as you are aware)?

2 answers to this question

Hi Ralph,

Location and atmospheric conditions play a large part in the actions that I take.  Generally if the rains are coming from the Gulf, I get very few water rings or spots and they tend to come right off with a wash, waterless wash or detail spray within a few days.   If the rains are coming from the west and there are swamp or large forest fires, then it becomes noticeable on the vehicle and they do not come off as easy.   In those cases, I try to wash and dry the vehicle the same or next day.

8 hours ago, RayS said:

Hi Ralph,

Location and atmospheric conditions play a large part in the actions that I take.  Generally if the rains are coming from the Gulf, I get very few water rings or spots and they tend to come right off with a wash, waterless wash or detail spray within a few days.   If the rains are coming from the west and there are swamp or large forest fires, then it becomes noticeable on the vehicle and they do not come off as easy.   In those cases, I try to wash and dry the vehicle the same or next day.

Hello Ray,

Ok, sounds like I need to pay attention to what exactly is going on with the weather and all those variable's such as temp, sun duration, days left unattended after rain. So far I've been ok, but waiting for the spots to strike on a ceramic original  (spray) coated car. As they are all white this helps and hurts me all at the same time, lmao. My wife's car  ml graphene coated, is burnt orange and tells a better story on polish technique and what is going on with the paint.