Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to detailing

Dan5150

Welcome Dan! You will certainly find a lot of good advice here! Here's my routine for a standard three-bucket wash (without paint correction):

I always start with the wheels. I have a dedicated wheel bucket. I also use this little trick shown here: https://www.adamsforums.com/topic/28624-how-to-clean-dress-your-whole-sidewall/

Using Adams Wheel & Tire Cleaner, I scrub tires first then wash the rims.

I then scrub the fender liners with APC sprayed from a foaming sprayer. 

Fill up the wash and rinse buckets with water (about 1.5 gallons in the wash). Both buckets have grit guards.

Spray the vehicle with the pressure washer to get most of the dirt off.

Add Ultra Foam to my foam cannon and spray the vehicle letting it soak for a few minutes.

While waiting, I add 3-4oz Car Shampoo to my wash bucket and agitate to make suds.

Wash the vehicle with a wash pad flipping the pad and rinsing after each panel.

Once the vehicle is washed, I spray everything off including the door jambs.

I use deionized water so I am done at this point unless I am going to do any claying or polishing.

Once the tires are dry I add Adams VRT and I spray the fender liners with Undercarriage Spray 

Interior is quick and simple:

Vacuum

Wipe everything down with a damp microfiber towel 

Clean windows

Wipe everything with Interior Detailer

Wipe seats with Leather Conditioner

I might deviate from this a little depending on how much time I have and if something else comes up that needs to be addressed. Sometimes the inside needs a little more attention or maybe I dress the trim with VRT. Sometimes I wash the engine bay and dress the plastic. It just all depends on the mood, LOL!

I hope this helps!

Edited by chops1sc

Welcome, Dan! 

Here are a couple of videos that should help get you started with the wash process, where much of the damage can start if done wrong, but also be prevented when done properly. If you're looking for more, let us know!