Customer Service 866.965.0400

Outline after removing door trim

Redbeard

Question

What is this outline on my door and how do I remove it? I don't think it's adhesive because I can't feel it on the surface. All the gummy tape residue came off pretty easily with a 3M eraser wheel followed up with TAR. I even went over it with a clay bar but no difference. My truck is 10 years old so maybe that's a factor, but it wasn't an issue with the rear door trim.

Any suggestions?

truck.jpg

Edited by Redbeard

6 answers to this question

Sorry for the delay; work and weather have thwarted my detailing plans. I did get a chance to hit a spot with some polish on my drill attachment and it looks like that's going to do the trick. Does that indicate this is some sort of marring on the clearcoat?

11 hours ago, Redbeard said:

Sorry for the delay; work and weather have thwarted my detailing plans. I did get a chance to hit a spot with some polish on my drill attachment and it looks like that's going to do the trick. Does that indicate this is some sort of marring on the clearcoat?

Could just be residue, maybe marring. Hard to tell but if polishing is working, keep it up! Just be careful using the drill attachment as that can generate heat quickly risking damage.