Customer Service 866.965.0400

Badge Detailing Effort

RayS

Question

This is an older picture, yet one of the clearest on the challenges of getting the area within and around the vehicle badges cleaned and polished.  For all the years that I've been dealing with badges, I'm hoping there is some input to improve or make life easier on doing them.  This is example of a Jaguar that I did in in May of 2020 and in particular getting inside of the A's, R and to a lessor extent the G.   

I use the a fine tip polisher on a battery operated rotary tool on a low speed to get around the letters.  It works, it just takes forever to do and finding the right polish pads is also a bit of a challenge.   While I have both a 15 mm and 12 mm Swirl Killer and they work great for getting the surface and I've considered a Swirl Killer Micro, I don't believe the Micro will get inside the letters, which is why I'm asking others what they do.

I did search the site and nothing came up that really gave any good insight, so if you know of an article, please link them.  Any video's would also be appreciated.

Let me know your techniques, removing the badges is a top recommendation, but way too many people want to make sure their Jag, Range Rover, yada, yada, yada is labeled for the prestige of look at what I'm driving.

IMG_0698.JPG

2 answers to this question

I've seen it before but I can't find a good video right now. This video kind of shows it starting around 8:30. I've seen where they use painters tape to mark where the badges go then they remove them, polish the area, and then use the tape to align the badges for reinstall. I'm sure new adhesive would be need so I'm not sure about that part. I haven't found a good way to polish around badges without removing them. It's my least favorite part of detailing.