Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyway to get the MSW to dry faster?

BrianT

Question

I just got all of my stuuf from Adams and was reading over the bottles last night and noticed that the MSW should be gone over again 12hrs later. Is there anything I can do to take some time off that clock??

TIA,

Brian

PS. the products smell really good!:banana:

Hi Brian, it's true, the MSW is a Sealant, and to cure, it just needs time! Good news: It lasts. Bad news: It takes a while to set.

On the bottle, I suggest in the directions to go over it the next day to remove the excess. It's a powerful polymer, and needs a second go-round most of the time.

If you don't need the protection, and are looking for a quicker way, the Buttery Wax, or, the new Paste Wax coming soon will be a good option for you.

Sorry for the hassle, and here are the directions on the label: :patriot:

Adam's Machine Super Wax is Fortified with the latest technology of aminos, polymers, and high gloss

oils. Our Machine Super Wax is by far the shiniest, most durable protection available. Since it is so substantial, it is recommended that this product is only used by machine.

Before applying Adam's Machine Super Wax, be sure the surface has been Clayed and/or Polished with Fine Machine Polish.

This wax must be removed ONLY with Adam's Premium Microfiber Polishing Towel. Low grade Microfiber or cotton is not effective with Super Wax.

Guaranteed to outshine the competition 110%.

Instructions:

Wash & Dry Vehicle, or use Detail Spray to remove minor dust.

Clay vehicle if rough, then use our Fine Machine Polish.

Apply a fine layer of Adam’s Machine Super Wax with the D/A polisher at 3,000 opm’s, using the dark grey pad.

Allow to cure for 20 minutes, or more if humid or cold.

Remove ONLY with a clean Adam’s Premium Microfiber Polishing Towel.

Low grade Microfiber is not effective with our Super Wax.

Allow 12 hours to pass, then re-wipe down waxed surfaces with Adam’s Premium MF Towel.

If any oily residue exists after removal, spray a fine mist of Adam’s Detail Spray on to the towel, then re-wipe the finish.

Edited by Adam

Hey Brian I had the same problem. The name of the game is wait and I mean wait. But it is worth it. For a while last year I stopped using the stuff. I actually talked to Adam in person at Carlisle about this. He personally walked me thru this on the computer and phone. PATIENCE, which I have none, but what are ya gonna do. Wait, good stuff, good company, great people. If you want some day come up to my house, I am no expert but we can do it together. I am up in Sussex County in Lafayette N.J.

Don't go overboard with this stuff either, alittle goes a long way. I've never had to rewipe after 12 hours. Great product!

A little really does go a long way. I did my whole truck and it didn't take me very much.

Thanks guys and Adam for all the responses I got my gift and was resding the bottles last night so I had to ask. I watched the video online today and did notice Adam spreading it really thin. If I must wait I will wait, I was thinking of having a couple of beers while I wait but this might put me into a case or two.:lol: This little guy would be me after a case!

Michael, thanks for the offer! How far up 23 are you? I have the patients of a hand gernade so I know how you feel!

Edited by BrianT

Hi Brian,

If you take 23 you make a left at the light before you go into the town of Sussex to route 565, I am about 5 minutes from there.

If you take 15 you make a right after the Lafayette professional building onto Statesville Quarry Road I am two minutes after that.

I am a shift worker so my days off are all over the place. Let me know.

it feels like the longest 20 mins of your life cause u cant wait to wipe it off and see the final results :) lol so i pass the time by coming on the forum and posting...sidenote waxed my windows with it as well on the G came out MINT!

Yeah never had a need to use BSG to remove anything. I make sure the surface is perfect before applying. I have used some DS to get some stubborn MW off before but I tried Adams MF towel and the PC to remove it and it works too.

I use the Machine Polish with the Orange Pad first to remove the layer of Machine Wax. Then followup using the Machine Polish again with the White Pad. Finally, Machine Wax with Black Pad.

I usually let the wax cure overnight, then remove completly with MF towel(s). I've returned 24 hrs later, as directed, but never really seen anything that needed to be cleaned off with Detail Spray.

I usually wait a week before hitting it with the Show Glaze. But,, Show Glaze and Detail Spray is all I need for three months after that. That's putting many miles on in those three months too !!!

I'm completly sold on the Machine Polish/Wax system !!

dv

I use the Machine Polish with the Orange Pad first to remove the layer of Machine Wax. Then followup using the Machine Polish again with the White Pad. Finally, Machine Wax with Black Pad.

Wait? You remove the wax with an aggressive pad and polish, then repolish, then apply another coat of wax?

I hope that was a typo.

Nope, No Typo...

The machine polish and the orange pad will remove the old Machine Wax and the few coats of Brilliant Show Glaze. I don't "bear down" very hard using the orange pad. There are also light surface scratching I'm trying to get out as well. ( this is after 1,000 to 1,500 miles of driving)

Then I go over it again with the polishing pad, this time bearing down as seen in Adam's video instruction. It's kind of like stepping down when color sanding before the clear coat....

I've gotten the best results with a street driven/show car using this method, with the Adam's Machine Polish and Wax, over conventional compound/polish/wax routine that I had to do every month during the cruising season..

dv

Wait? You remove the wax with an aggressive pad and polish, then repolish, then apply another coat of wax?

I hope that was a typo.

There's nothing wrong with that. I don't know why it needs to be a typo :confused: As I've said before, polishing is more of an art than a science. Every finish will respond differently. dvalentine just happened to find the method that works best for his ride...which is a good thing! - It shows imagination, knowledge of the cars finish, and it produces results he's happy with - can't argue with that.

I recently used the FMP for the first time - I tried it out as a single stage jeweling polish on a light colored car with a red pad at 1400 RPM, which produced a really, really wet gloss (think freshly zambonied ice) comparable to Menzerna finishing polishes...which are twice the price! Never would've discovered that combo if I didn't play around a bit. There's more to life than what's printed on the back of the bottle :)

There's nothing wrong with that. I don't know why it needs to be a typo :confused: As I've said before, polishing is more of an art than a science. Every finish will respond differently. dvalentine just happened to find the method that works best for his ride...which is a good thing! - It shows imagination, knowledge of the cars finish, and it produces results he's happy with - can't argue with that.

I recently used the FMP for the first time - I tried it out as a single stage jeweling polish on a light colored car with a red pad at 1400 RPM, which produced a really, really wet gloss (think freshly zambonied ice) comparable to Menzerna finishing polishes...which are twice the price! Never would've discovered that combo if I didn't play around a bit. There's more to life than what's printed on the back of the bottle :)

Wasn't thinking of it in that context. I took it as he had applied a coat of MSW (like a final fresh coat) then removed it with an orange pad and polish only to go back and apply MSW again. Never even crossed my mind that he was removing OLD wax that way :lolsmack:

Sumtymze my brain donts werks so good. :lol:

Edited by Dylan06SS

Wasn't thinking of it in that context. I took it as he had applied a coat of MSW (like a final fresh coat) then removed it with an orange pad and polish only to go back and apply MSW again. Never even crossed my mind that he was removing OLD wax that way :lolsmack:

Sumtymze my brain donts werks so good. :lol:

Yea I read it like 3 times before I figured that out too. :)