Customer Service 866.965.0400

Original Adams Products-Latest Adams Products

TR6speed

Question

I have been an Adams user for more years than I can count.  I started when his main products were Revive Polish and Buttery Wax.  I have been adding to my detail cabinet for many years.  So here is my question, well first, my 2015 Velocity Yellow Corvette is coated with the Graphene Spray Coating and maintained with both the Graphene Detail Spray and the Graphene CS3.  I also have the Graphene Boost, Graphene VRT, Graphene Shampoo.

So, prior to the Graphene Ceramic, and prior to this car my past Corvette was originally protected with the Adams Patriot Wax, and most of the other standard products, of which I still have some of.  I converted over to the Ceramic Spray and then the UV Ceramic.  In that product line I still have the spray ceramic, the Surface prep, Wash & Coat, Ceramic Waterless, Ceramic Boost and CS3.

I am not a fan of mixing products, but just wondering if any of the product's list above are compatible with the graphene products?  I hate to simply throw them away (although some of the original products are most like out of date and need to be done away with.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers to this question

Hi Jack,

I use the my leftover Ceramic maintenance products on Graphene coated vehicle all the time and have yet to see any adverse affect on the coating.  The one thing that I have noticed is that it takes less product to do the same amount of area.  As an example, Ceramic Waterless on a Graphene vehicle would take two full pumps for a panel and with Graphene CS3 it takes two medium pumps for the same area.     Ceramic Boost is the one place that I do see a usage difference compared to Graphene Boost.  The Ceramic Boost over Graphene requires two towels to make sure there are no streaks and sometimes 3 towels, whereas Graphene boost takes one towel, sometimes two for a streak free finish. 

Wash & Coat works the same on Graphene as it does on Ceramic, so I'm slowly using my stock and then will just purchase Graphene shampoo going forward.  In my opinion, use up what you have and don't forget the alternate users.   Spray Coating and Ceramic Boost on the underside of the mowing deck, shovels and similar tools keeps grass, dirt and sand from sticking so much.  That includes the small garden and flower garden tools when really helps in the moist sand that we both deal with.

As for Detail Spray, I go through 2 gallons of regular Detail Spray compared to 1 gallon of Graphene Detail Spray.  I do not put regular Detail Spray on any ceramic or graphene vehicles.   Regular Detail Spray is for polishing and many other uses around the house and Graphene Detail Spray is only for dusting off Graphene Coated vehicles.