Customer Service 866.965.0400

72 hours in - a few visable highspots, drove through drizzle today, gave it a wipe down - Who has some guidance?

djn121

Question

What is up people of Adams Forums,

I did a full paint correction over the weekend and applied Adams Graphene Advanced coating on Sunday evening. I ordered a UV light separate, and of course it was delayed. (Amazon, not Adams).

I applied the coating as evenly as possible and it looked great when I went to sleep that night from what I could see under my lighting set up in my garage. I woke up and noticed a few highspots, of which I followed some methods found on here to smooth out. 

The Blacklight arrived Tuesday and I did a check. The coating is inconsistent under the blacklight, however has full coverage, and looks great in all lighting to the naked eye. Is this normal?

This morning, after a full 48+ hours of curing, I drove the car to work. At the tail end of my commute, it started drizzling. The water was beading off insanely well on the highway, the difference this stuff makes is absolutely massive. I pulled into the parking garage and my car was essentially dry compared to every other car in there.

I then thought, let me wipe off the water beads remaining on the car so they don't seep into the ceramic and cause lasting water marks. In a rush to get to work, I didn't take the time to look up how dumb that idea was. The water removed with ease by very lightly running a premium microfiber that I had in the car.

I got out of work and the car looked absolutely stunning. However, I took out the blacklight and did a second check and noticed the ceramic looks much lighter now under the blacklight. My question is:

- Is this because the ceramic coating is curing, and the UV reaction fades as it cures?

- Or could this be because it got wet and I wiped it down?

- Now that it's lighter, would a second coat make sense?

Now, in regard to fixing the streaks under the UV light - What would be the best method to ensure this is even without stripping and reapplying? The ceramic is obviously past re-activating or really fixing at this point. I read some recommendations around applying Adams Brilliant Glaze, or even trying to apply a layer of Graphene Advanced Spray to even it out. 

Thanks everyone. If you need photos, happy to provide. 

See the photo below, the Black car is mine, weird blue is my colleagues. Both were clean this morning and went through the same rain and pulled into the same garage at the same time. One has Adams, one does not. 

IMG_9040.HEIC

Edited by djn121

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the quick reply.

cant find any local Adam’s dealers and it looks like brilliant glaze won’t make it here til Tuesday. That will be 8 days after the coating. 

Do you feel that can still help smooth it out at that point? Or is that too far past, or does it not matter.

thanks for the help