Customer Service 866.965.0400

No garage = No Graphite Coating?

chops1sc

Question

I would like to put a coating on my wife's new car, but we do not have a garage. I have a covered shed but it is open to the elements. Should I just use traditional sealants/waxes? I have been using Adams Ceramic Liquid Wax in recent years. I can't convince myself to apply a coating to the paint knowing I can't keep the weather off of the car for 24hrs.

Thoughts?

3 answers to this question

I would definitely recommend only applying it indoors. Moisture of any kind, even dew, can cause issues if it settles on the car before it cures. Can you borrow a garage from a friend or neighbor, maybe? You could use the spray coating and only need to wait 4-6 hours as an alternative.

@chops1sc  You do have a garage less than 2 hours away if you want to use it.   As @falcaineer stated the key is keeping the weather off it for the most of the day.  If you have a canopy, you can put the vehicle under it to protect it from the sun, dew, rain or whatever else might fall in the SC.   I used the canopy model a few times for larger vehicles and it was all about picking a light wind day with a near zero chance of rain.

You are also welcome to head to my place and we can do the polishing and coating together if you'd like to do that.