Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating Adanced user experience on removal time :)

rrmccabe

Question

Decided to try the advanced spray coating on my truck. My actual ceramic coating has long give up the ghost.  Strip washed the vehicle, claybarred, scrubbbed all the black trim with tire cleaner and panel wiped everything twice.

The application seems too easy to be effective. LOL

First of all, pearl white truck and in my experience with this paint getting it to rainbow is impossible. So it was hard to gauge removal time. Garage is 70 degrees and truck had been in all night.   The 2 minutes I have seen in the instructions and videos just did not seem to be long enough.  I was basically waiting till I could start to get some towel grab and regardless of how long I would wait that was pretty minimal.  I was doing entire panels and moving on to the next panel and coming back and wiping the previous panel off with a couple gray border-less working it pretty hard to make sure it was leveled even though it did not feel like it needed it. So I was leaving it on the truck for about 5 minutes and it still wiped off easy. 

The sprayer that was sent was leaking and about useless so I applied with a small felt like block similar to what Adams used ship with product.  I ended up using about 1/3 of bottle on a full size crew cab just dumping the  product on the pad. I did everything but the wheels and glass.

Does this seem on par with everyone elses experience?  Seems too easy 😆

I would be happy if this stuff lasts six months since the truck sits outside.   If it holds up and doesnt do anything funky to the trim, this could be my new go to for protect-ant.

And winter greetings from Siberia-Iowa where my Adams order just arrived with a solid blue block of something called shampoo.  Froze solid !

4 answers to this question

Hi Rich,
The parameters you provided seem to be within reason.  I've had it take between 1.5 minutes to 5 minutes for the coating to be ready to be leveled.  There ae so many variables between air temperature, body panel temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, the wife's mood and which direction I had the ceilings fans going in. 

In the cases where you can't see the rainbow and many times when you can, the feel seems to be a more accurate indicator. I'll recommend you look for any high spots again and if you can get it into natural daylight that is even better.   Compared to the first couple of versions, the coatings have gotten pretty easy to work it and outcome is really based on the the prep work.

Thanks for the response Ray.  There is no rainbow on this paint no matter how hard you look. So hoping my guesstimate on time was good. Would hate to put it on and just wipe it back off. I expected a little more grab feel but that was minimal.  The truck looks great with lots of gloss.

I guess I can always recoat of needed.

I know what you mean about some vehicles are almost, if not, impossible to see the rainbow.  I missed an entire panel on a light yellow vehicle and it took me 2 days and natural sunlight to be able to see that I didn't even coat it. 

I think I am good for the winter. Come spring I will do a complete paint correction on it as its ready for that.

But this spray ceramic just seems too easy. Honestly its not any harder to level/wipe down than most wax.

I will give it another wash in a couple days and get some graphene detail spray on it.

If this holds up 6 months outside, I would rather do this a couple times a year over regular coating.

Again.. thank you for response.